I'm really into self defense, I've taken 6 years of Krav Maga and two years of kick boxing. I enjoy a rather large collection of knives, and have a particular love for expandable batons. However, the area that I live in is very restrictive in what one may carry around as a defensive tool. Expandable batons are considered a dangerous weapon, tasers are banned by state law, knives are of course out of the question, and I'd rather avoid a firearm if at all possible.

Anyway, I've heard some rumors from a friend of mine (another self defense junkie), about "gadgets" that aren't considered weapons by the government, but would still offer a reasonable advantage. The two specific items I've heard about are;

1-A Light emitter that apparently flashes in such a way that it will temporarily blind your assailant. (Not a normal LED flashlight, this apparently is specifically designed for self defense)

2-A "hand held Sound cannon" that can cause temporary deafness. (I know this is already used by riot police, but I have my doubts that it is open to the civilian population)

Do these even exist, and if so could someone point me towards a website with them?