Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

blue ray player doesn't read some blue ray disks?

our blue ray player won't play some blue ray dvds. it starts loading it and then just freezes. it happened for the second time with the "heroes". season 2 and 3 won't play. but other blue ray disks play fine, regular dvds play fine also. when it happened for the first time i thought it was the disk, so i got the same movie from different place (best buy, then amazon.com) and same thing happened. ended up buying regular dvd, what I don't want to do any more. not for nothing we paid so much money for this blue ray player. does anyone know what could be wrong???thank u

Downloads
    Uploads
    The region if the blu ray might be wrong. It is important that you get a region free one so that it plays everywhere. You can get region free blu ray players and also region free blu ray discs.

I am not exactly sure but this may be the case for you.
    Hope this helps

Downloads
    Uploads
    got the reciept? bring it back to the store and exchange for A different one,

Downloads
    Uploads
    You didn't mention the brand of blu-ray disc player you have. Some blu-ray disc player will require you do a fire-ware update. You have to connect the blu-ray disc player to the internet and do the firmware update. You can also go online to the manufacturer of the player you have and email them of the problem. Also check the region code on the blu-ray disc movie you bought. Hope this will help you out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You may have an older Blu-ray player, and it needs a firmware update to play recent releases.

Some players have an ethernet port and can update themselves directly from the internet. Other players can be updated by downloading a file from the internet and burning it to a CD, or having the manufacturer mail you an update disc.

If you post the make/model of your player, you might get a more specific answer.