I have purchased the Djarum Black by the carton from clovecigarettestore.com before the ban was enacted by our glorious leader. I never had any problems getting them. I recently placed another order and found this post because I was looking for information on whether they would be confiscated by customs because of the new laws.

From what I understand, it is still legal to purchase cloves online and have them mailed to you. The worst that customs can do is make you pay taxes on them to get tehm released. However, thanks to our pals at Altria/Phillip Morris, there is an additional bill being proposed which would make it illegal to send any tobacco products through the mail/FedEx/UPS, etc..

If you feel this might violate your freedoms somehow, I would encourage you to contact your congress-person. The bill is called the PACT Act, senate bill 1147 (google it) which has already passed the House of Representatives and the Senate Judiciary Committee. Once it passes the house and the president signs it, you will be buying all your tobacco over the counter. Thanks Marlboro

Call your Congress-person at 1-800-828-0498 if you really want to make a difference.