Survey about Metal music. metal haters and lovers please answer my questions.?

K

Kaptan

Please answer my survey, i need this to complete my thesis.
Thank you!
and please state your sex and age

1.Are you familiar to the Heavy Metal music and its sub-genres?
Yes or No

2.Do you like it?
Yes or No

3.If yes what sub-genre of Metal do you like? If no, why?

4.Why do you love/hate Metal?

5.What's something in Metal that made you love/hate it?

6.Do you think that listening to Metal corrupts the mind of the youth today?

1. well sort of, yeah
2. YES
3.heavy metal (iron maiden) thrash metal (metallica, megadeth), power/speed metal (dragonforce (n i can prove to anyone that they're not fake live!!!!)), chrstian/metalcore (oh sleeper)
4.I love it because of the music, and the lyrics as well and the live performances and stage acts and stuff
5.guitar solos, guitar riffs, drums, vocals, pretty much everything
6.depends on what metal, if like death metal n your sicidal, then its bad, anything satanic, is evil, anything mocking God is bad, anything that poses a negative effect on the listener is bad to him/her alone, it all depends on the user. the effects of the metal i listen to wanted me to play guitar, go wild on stage, and just feel free, id on't see anything negative, except for the natural rebellious or agressive sound which makes me...DISOBEDIENT? but, i guess i can work on that, but hope that helps though its been 3 years...

1: Yeah.
2: Absolutely.
3: Black Metal, Grindcore, Industrial Metal, Death Metal, Speed Metal, Deathcore.
4: Because it doesn't go with what is popular, it stays true to itself and its fans and never disappoints.
5: The insane guitar riffs and solos, the fact that it isn't a carbon copy of all the other crap out there.
6: No. Music alone does not corrupt anyone. The only reason people blame music (among other things) for the corruption of youth is because they can't find a viable reason as to why bad things are happening. Yes, the church burnings in Norway in the 90s are directly linked to several Black Metal bands of that time such as Burzum and Mayhem, but they are just groups of people. Their music alone wouldn't have caused that. Psychological factors would attribute to the mindsets of metal fans along with other things that may happen in their lives.

Hope I helped :)

Back