'07 Suzuki Forenza Check Engine Light /Car Jerks?

Thomas

May 13, 2008
I have a 2007 Suzuki Forenza with 40,000 miles on it. The check engine light would come on and off for the past few thousand miles. It would go off any time I'd decide to take it to the dealer. Once I hit 40,000 miles, the check engine light hasn't turned off. The car now hesitates and jerks when I push the gas during the first few miles of driving. It also runs cold for the first several miles (even during the extreme heat of summer and I live in Texas). After the first 4-5 miles of driving, the temperature goes to normal and it doesn't seem to hesitate/jerk as noticeably.

What is wrong with my car? Please help.

Sounds like you have an open loop drive ability issue. No, seriously, an engine needs to have specific mixture of fuel/air, especially when cold. An engine is said to be in closed loop when it is fully warmed up, and the computer knows what parameters to use for fuel/air mix. However, when cold, it needs to know exactly how cold to then adjust the fuel mixture to match the conditions.

As the check engine light remains on now, any mechanic, even auto zone, can pull the computer code and get you headed in the correct direction.

You may have a sticky thermostat which is letting too much water flow and not allowing the engine temp to get up to normal quick enough. This causes much premature engine wear/damage, so get it checked out.
good luck

Back