Lexus repair costs compared to Accord repair costs?

ScotlandZeghost

Sep 16, 2008
I'm looking to buy a new car. My first choice is BMW, but i haven't found a used one in my price range yet. My Second choices are a Lexus or a Honda Accord.

My understanding is that the Lexus is more reliable and less likely to break down. But in the event that it did break down, repairs would be more expensive on the Lexus than they would be on the Accord.

I'm currently considering buying a 94 Lexus GS300.

Can anyone give me examples of what the price differance in repairs and maintenance would be like?
new as in new to me not brand new

You said you're looking to buy a new car, but you're considering a 94 Lexus..?? I think it's cheaper to maintain a Accord over a Lexus..and I don't agree Lexus is less likely to have problems..

You said you're looking to buy a new car, but you're considering a 94 Lexus..?? I think it's cheaper to maintain a Accord over a Lexus..and I don't agree Lexus is less likely to have problems..

Front brakes on the Honda, Pads $39.00, brake rotors $49.00 each same parts on a 94 GS lexus almost double. BMW you can not use after market brake parts, the composition is not compatible with this vehicle and intense squeaking will result. You parts for the BMW, same brake parts are four times the cost. If you want to drive a BMW, you will pay for the experience. The newer Lexus parts have gone up considerably so the newer vehicle you buy, expect to pay mare to maintain it. Honda however has stayed consistent with minimal increases. Good Luck

Back