Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I suppose.

If you're going to have a discussion about science, it should remain on the intellectual level. But to be quite frank with you, I also think arguing creationists is ultimately a waste of time. Creationism is not an honest scientific position. Those who hold on to it are less interested with facts than with preserving their world view. Rational enquiry and consistency take the back-seat to a world-vision that provides emotional reassurance. It seldom has anything to do with science or knowledge at all.

I mean, I'll answer their questions as well, and I'll try to explain the science, but deep down, I know someone who is asking this is really hoping for more reassurance. They're hoping if they can stomp you, that will justify their world view. If they can't, they'll find a way to ignore whatever explanation you give them, or to invalidate it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    it is important in any discussion.

Is it important for you to engage in a conversation in which you pre-determined that you will not change your opinion, while keeping a sense of superiority with the other person if the viewpoint is different from yours?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No. First step is to move away from them. They are crazy and dangerous.
    Terrorists.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's always important to maintain your cool and be polite in an argument. Otherwise, it will quickly degrade into a shouting match and nothing will be accomplished.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you should always be polite, but if you are naturally calm and rational, please stay away from creationists.
    think about this: if they were able to listen to a sensible argument, and to reflect upon it, they would no longer be creationists.
    so you might as well move to spain and chase windmills.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it was always part of you, and not them, religion changes no one, they claim it does, but the basic personality doesn't change at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Christians don't waste their time arguing with Evolutionists. What's the point? We know truth and they are just guessing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Christians don't waste their time arguing with Evolutionists. What's the point? We know truth and they are just guessing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Back then, unfortunately most people did not have the education they have now. People really truly believed in god, and thought the ones who didn't believe, just didn't know. Now however, we are more educated, and we have better arguments against the creationists. This frustrates them, and instead of appearing to look stupid, they lash out.
    That's my take on it anyway...

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's important to be calm, polite and rational no matter who you are arguing with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast