Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question about religion/non religion.. Any religion please answer.?

Over my 24 yrs of existence I have had many questions about religion. Any religious person I have asked, don't seem to have the answers I seek. Which is why I am not as religious as I used to be. I do however believe in life after death/spirits/ghosts, whatever you want to call them. If you think Im crazy that is fine. I have seen them many times which is why I believe in them. I have not however seen God or anything relating to him. I have prayed in the past but they always seem to go unanswered. I guess I have to see to believeMy question is, since Im not a big believer in a God anymore, what would you call it since I do believe in an after life? Do you really have to believe in a god to have an afterlife. I jusdon'tnt understand with all of the bad things that happen in the world why our god allows it to happen. I mean why do newborns have to die; why do those mothers carry them for 9 months and then have no one to bring home? Why do people who believe have bad things happen to them while killers run loose? Why can people who dont care about their children have a ton of them but then a loving couple is faced with not being able to produce their own? Why is it that a believer suffers so much while non believers are ok? These are questions that no one seems to have an answer to as to why our god who is supposed to love us allows these things to happen. If someone has that much power I think a newborn would not have to suffer if a loving god had control of it. I want anyone to answer this whether it be an athiest or a spirtual person or anyone of other religions. Please dont be mean if your answers I am just very curious.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey how are you? I really feel lead to answer some of these Q's for you as best as i can. First, be careful with these"ghosts" the Bible says that satan or demons can take any form they desire and do so in order to deceive people. Second, I believe you when you say that you have never seen God, no one has. As for God not answering your prayers, he only answers those that are in accordance to His will. I hope this helps God bless you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you really want the answer on all your questions I sincerely encourage to read the following article:
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_11.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, some people believe in souls and afterlives without believing in Gods.

As for bad things happening, I don't believe there's some omnipotent deity up there pulling the strings [and if there was, I'd fear for what type of malevolent god it must be]. It is pure chance which rules the universe and thus, and only thus, is life good. We are born accidentally into a random world where only seeming causes lead to apparent effects, and very little is predetermined. There is no such thing as fate, only chance and probability.

And thinking that there is some ultimate absolute truth is silly because there is no universal truth of any kind whatsoever. There is no ONE way to live out one's life. There is no universal source of morality in the traditional sense whatsoever. People have to choose their own paths in life and do what works for them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I suggest you read "My Descent into Death" by Howard Storm, forward by Anne Rice. =)

Hugs!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like your main concern is with justice. I agree that this life seems "unfair" because bad things happen to good people and good things to bad people. Christians aren't looking for justice in this life, but in the afterlife. All things will pale in comparison to the heavenly glory.

A poor analogy (but the best I can give) is if you have a nightmare where you truly thought that you lost a close family member. When you wake up and discover that they are still alive, it will be so much sweeter compared to what you thought you lost. The pain and suffering makes joy so much stronger. So because of our trials and tribulations in this life, we will appreciate heaven that much more.

God is love, but God's patience and mercy delays His justice. God isn't approving of evil things that people are doing just because they seem to be getting away with it. Rather, God is being patient and giving them time to see the errors of their ways and seek Him. I hope my answer gave some sort of picture of Christianity.

If you want to hear a better answer, I would suggest you listen to this: http://download.redeemer.com/sermons/Suffering_If_God_is_good_why.mp3

Junior Member opinionatedlilbugger's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no need to attach a label to yourself. You are who you are, and you will be labeled as many things over the years. A label does not define a person.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would call you an agnostic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to always trust and believe in God.
    http://www.agapeindia.com/steve/howcan.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    this sounds like a thinly veiled atheistic proselytizing. Sorry!!