Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People didn't talking heads promoted the concept from their little spot at ABC<NBC<CNN<MSNBC<and CBS, the no longer the mainstream media but "the Fringe Media Outlet Shows"...they always play the race card when they are losing the argument, I think America says ENOUGH!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only the libs did and it's about policy, not race. Get over the race card you morons. You have no real legitimate argument.

Downloads
    Uploads
    why do libbies have this "poor victim" mentality?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't believe people are claiming nobody ever protested or were rude or disrespectful to Bush. I mean, I'm reading it so people are claiming it, but I still just can't believe you can do it without feeling like a hypocrite.

Why was it racist to so many people?
    Because you have a lot of people who are incredibly ticked about losing the debate on health care. They can't believe that anyone would actually disagree with them. So they assume that any disagreement couldn't possibly be based on logic--it must be based on prejudice. In other words, they're idiots.

EDIT: in response to your last statement Chelfi--there hasn't been any major protest that didn't have a few offensive signs. To point out a couple as respresentative of the whole demonstration is idiotic.

EDIT: let me guess. you agree with Newsweek and think my 6 month old is racist too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First, I didn't see it was racist. I am a liberal democrat.

The march wasn't really against Obama. Not in general. Imagine it as 2 million people from thousands of groups and agendas all coalesing in Washington over two days against govt regulation and big govt. It' wasn't so much Obama, because this rally has been going on since 67. In 67 and the early 70's we called it an anti war rally. In 08 2.5 million showed up and it was considered anti-iraq war.

All sorts of groups show up, some as few as two people. Many groups are less than 100. And most are less than a thousand. The Republican group everyone mentions appears to have been a few thousand. This year we saw a lot of big busienss funded protestors who apparently just showed up to protest. These groups are not called "AETNA for Private Care" or "Oil for deregulation". Rather they are called themselves something with the word "Freedom" or "Liberty". Probably the biggest single group was "Tea Party Patriots" who are against most taxes.

What really was special this year is that it seemed on Fox and several other media sources that this was a singley motivated group of republicans against public health reform. That was not true, but many americans who never heard of these protests (even when they were larger with Bush) thought it was something new. It wasn't new but Repbulicans want us to think so. They want the general american to think 2 million americans showed up to stop public health care. Guess what? I saw "Boy Man Love Association", a group favoring having no minimum age for consent. So to say this march was against Obama or public health care is to say all 2 million marched for men to have sex with little boys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because you libs have been obsessed with racism since last summer. Doesn't take a jump in logic to figure out why you are now...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because some people are so closed minded that they refuse to believe that the opposition to Obama's polices is derived from the inherent insanity of the policy itself.

These people instead try and attack those who disagree and call them names

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because Obama is such a radical left wing, the only card the dems have to play any more is the race card, oh oh your just against him because he is black, give me a freaking break , we are against him because he is just plain lousy at this job, its a cop out to play the race card its now their only defense, and its a joke.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's a component for some people, but not all people. There are real issues at stake, and while I think many of the current Republican arguments are ridiculous, you have to be careful who you call a racist. Let's not forget there are a significant number of Hillary supporters, who inexplicably still don't like Obama to this day.

If you're calling Obama "Hussein" and pretending not to understand any offense, or if you're saying he pals around with terrorists, or calling him BO, Nazi, or whatever, that is racism.

If you're making a real argument, then you're not racist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12