can a mini lop live outdoors?

Larry

May 23, 2008
im looking to get a bunny for ffa but my mom is allergic so i need an outdoor bunny. i really like the mini lop but i dont know if i can keep it outside.

If you can't keep the bunny indoors, please find another pet! All bunnies should not be kept in cages. We don't do that to dogs or cats; we shouldn't do it to bunnies either. Please visit the house rabbit society website before you buy your bunn.

You can however its kinda mean for it to go from a indoor to outdoor. If you do soy make sure its not to hot, like a rabbit wont like hotness, so it needs a shady area for summer. For winter you will need to find some source of heat to keep a rabbit warm in the winter. I cant give you much because i had an outdoor rabbit and i felt bad for it in the winters and summers. So that's why i dont get rabbits anymore.

if it stays around 50-70 degrease yes i recomemend getting two though it'll will becum depressed other wize

Mini Lops can definitely live outdoors. I breed them, and all of my rabbits live outside. They will just need some protection from the summer heat.

If your mum is allergic, I would suggest getting a rex coated rabbit. They are hypoallergenic, so they shouldn't be a problem for your mum. They also have the must unbelievably soft coat, and you will never get tired of patting them. They are also very intelligent and easy to train and make excellent housepets. Finally, the have the most wonderful personalities.

Rex breeds that you should be able to find easily include Standard Rex and Mini Rex. Or, if you would still like a Lop rabbit, but you want a rabbit with the hypoallergenic rex coat, you could get a Plush Lop. As far as I know, they are still being developed, so it might be slightly harder to find one, but if you do manage to locate a breeder near you, it will definitely be worth it.

Hope this helps.

no too small and not the most hearty breed... what about a hairless rat? very intelligent. no dander

Back