I've been looking around online for a laptop and have to admit that I find it all rather confusing, so I thought I would see if anyone had any suggestions.

I do have a desktop, so I don't need anything loaded down with programs and it doesn't need a large amount of storage space either.

I want a laptop that I can surf the internet, use messenger, my social websites etc. I would also like to have the ability to play CD/DVD's, as well as play some online games. But it's primary use will be for surfing the internet and using messenger.

When it gets into the actual specifications (processors, drivers, etc), I'll admit that I'm completely lost. I also don't really know what the difference is between a Notebook and a Netbook either and I've been told I might be better off with a Netbook.

Lastly, I don't want to spend any more than I have to since I do have a desktop which I do most everything else on since I have tons of Microsoft programs etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a Notebook or Netbook which would serve my needs?

THANKS!