Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PART of it has to do with money... but thinking about that one .. it really has no answer at all for... it... JUST BELIEVE ON JESUSCHRIST...lets say you go to methodists one week with a friend do you become methodists next week you go to catholic with a friend do you become a catholic next week you go to baptists with a friend do you become a baptist.. i wonder what GOD thinks watching it all.. it is a pain in the neck fighting over people .. i despise denominations... then tv religion wants everyone and they all want money all the time........then we feel used as we suffer...for money...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, that's an interesting question. In fact, it's going to take me so long to write this I'm sure other people will pass on the same information. :P

Firstly, you need to remember that they believe heart and soul that they are right (we'll get in to why a little later). They firmly believe all the theology they have been taught. So, why do they try to convert you? Because they are concerned you're going to spend eternity in the worst place imaginable. Try to cut people a little slack when they try to convert you. If they do have ulterior motives, they are likely not even aware of it. They think they are trying to help you.

The funny thing about it is, though, that if I recall my theology correctly, none are saved but those who have been chosen for no merit of their own. So.... converting doesn't /really/ work.

Now, as to why they think they are right? A certain amount of people feel that God has really helped them in their lives. That he's taken them through difficult situations and times and so on. They feel Him in a very real way. Whether or not that's a placebo effect is up to everyone to judge for themselves. Now as to why Christians all seem to believe so hard core? Well... They are the selection of the population that does feel that very real connection.

People who have some belief in the Christian religion but are wishy washy or unsure don't really tend to be thought of as Christians, though they might be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't convert anyone that doesn't want to be converted. And Christians believe in their religion because of their faith and beliefs. It is a gut feeling, and sometimes you have the chance to witness a miracle. I myself am Christian, and I wouldn't try to convert anyone that wouldn't want to be. It says in the bible if they don't want the help, dust your hands and feet from them and walk away because their negativity could leave you to questioning what you believe in.

Every faith or lack there of has their hypocrites and looneys. It isn't just Christian people.

Sometimes when someone believes so much in something like God, it makes them sad to see another person not knowing that kind of love. Sometimes they push a little harder than they should which is the wrong way to go about it, but their heart is in the right spot.

I myself witnessed my mom when I was 14 of a miracle. She had 4 brain tumors, and paralyzed on her left side. She couldn't walk, smile, or use the left side at all. One day at church she ran (more like wabbled) down the isle and collapsed on the stairs to the stage. She couldn't do it again after that, but it was a miracle none the less. No one could take that precious memory from me.

I hope that if you haven't you do find God one day. He gave me the best memories of my mom before she died.

Good Luck either way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a pretty easy going guy that's not very religious. but I was raised Pentecostal and I believe it's true even if I don't go to church much. I think Pentecostalism gives people a lot of power to have a better life in the here and now with a God that loves them as they are and wants to give them everything they need.

In an ideal world, I'd like people to know about that. But I never push it on anyone, I'm pretty much just a cool guy that people like to drink with and talk about cars. of course, I believe my religion is right though, why would I want anything to do with it if I thought it was wrong?

Downloads
    Uploads
    How can one go through life believing that no matter what they do they can go to 'heaven'?

The answer to that question is logically and realistically that there is only one absolute right and only one absolute wrong spiritual truth.

Since we are humans and make mistakes all the time, we need in our spiritual life a belief that those wrongs can be forgiven or it is eternal doom for everyone's souls.

Jesus Christ is the only spiritual being that has ever offered sacrifice for the forgiveness of our wrongs, that means it can be the only true one.

If you do not believe this fine, that is between you and God. As for me and my house we will follow the Lord God forever

*all thumbs-down will be positively viewed as a testimony of my faith in Jesus Christ, so please push away )

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's like me saying all Israeli people are terrorists. It's a stereotype. It's unfortunate that there is a lot of negativity associated with christians, and even more unfortunate that some christians are like that.
    I recently looked at an interview with Hayley Williams (lead singer in Paramore) who said she doesn't call herself Christian because no one is perfect, instead she says she has a relationship with God and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is not true with all christians. You are blaming the whole religion and all christians in general, when in fact it is the same with all religions. Every religion has their share of people that try to push their beliefs on others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Christians are told to spread the word of God.
    The bible also says God is the way, the truth and the light.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's religion. Not all christian people opt to convert. They believe their religion is the right religion because they do, Why do you think its not? You'll have the same answer. Just don't listen to anyone who tries to convert you. Tell them, "If hell awaits then I'll be there, it's not your Business to sort me out".

Downloads
    Uploads
    i find christian people very ignorant and judgemental. they try to convert you to their religion because they think that's the "only" way for eternal life in heaven with jesus and all. they think they're religion is the right religion just cause the bible says so. but think about it, anyone could have written the bible and it was definately written by man. not god.
    how can they say that the bible is the "holy" book if they have to keep on interpreting it? it doesn't make any sense. stupid ignorant christians.

sorry if this offends anyone, but christians just really piss me off these days....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast