Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is a TELESYNC, R5, XVid, DivX, etc?

What is the difference between the above mentioned terms? Why cant we get a direct DvdRip? Why do we have to first get Telesync, then R5, and then DvdRip?

I hope you understood my question.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate your valuable time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    telesync, ts, means a cam version which uses line audio. the video still sucks

region5, r5, means region 5 dvd, it gets released there on dvd long before we get it in the us. it is a dvdrip technically

xvid, and divx are the codecs your media player uses to play the file. some dvd players play divx files so you don't have to encode a dvd to watch on your home television. my phillips dvp5990 has a usb 2.0 port on the front so I can use thumb drives or external hard drives with to avoid optical media altogether.

rar. is a file extension for compressed files those get spread around well before the file hits the hosting site you use, but I can't tell you were because if you don't know you it's a secret. not my rule but 1 i follow so as not to offend anyone.

dvdr already encoded so you can burn the file to a dvd and watch it without using a program like vso convertx to make a dvd for your home player. it's a double edged sword if you need them, no encoding but much more downloading wasting both time and bandwidth.