Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member helloxbeautifulx95's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

What does premonition mean?

Alrightyyy, i posted a status on fb,saying how i was shaking uncontrollably and my friend commented saying Premonition. I think I know what it means, but I'm not sure, most detailed answer gets 10 points.

Downloads
    Uploads
    googe is your friend
    defineremonition

Definitions of premonition on the Web:

* foreboding: a feeling of evil to come; "a steadily escalating sense of foreboding"; "the lawyer had a presentiment that the judge would dismiss ...
    * forewarning: an early warning about a future event
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* Premonition is a 2007 drama film directed by Mennan Yapo and starring Sandra Bullock and Julian McMahon. The film was shot at locations throughout Louisiana.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premonition_(2007_film)

* Premonition| ??|Yogen is a 2004 Japanese film directed by Tsuruta Norio. Yogen is based on the manga Kyoufu Shinbun ("Newspaper of Terror") by Jiro Tsunoda, published in "Shonen Champion" in 1973.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premonition_(2004_film)

* The following is a list of episodes from the television show Alfred Hitchcock Presents (both the original 1955-62 series and the 1985-86--1987-88 revival). A separate list of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour episodes is also available.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premonition_(Alfred_Hitchcock_Presents_episode)

* This page is a list of the episodes of The Outer Limits, a U.S. science fiction anthology television series originally lasting two seasons in the ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Premonition_(episode)

* Premonition is an album by the American rock band Survivor released in 1981.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premonition_(Survivor_album)

* Premonition is Peter Frampton's ninth studio album and his follow up to 1982's Art of Control.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premonition_(Peter_Frampton_album)

* The Premonition is the fifth full-length album by Firewind and their only album to feature the same line-up as its predecessor. Gus G. said "we basically kept the Allegiance 'winning team' together" much to the apparent surprise of fans.Firewind.gr news update , cited
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Premonition_(album)

* A premonition is an impression, often perceived as a warning, of a future event (from the Latin praemon?re, to forewarn : prae-, pre- + mon?re ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premonition

* Premonition is the sixth studio album by guitarist Tony MacAlpine, released in 1994 on Shrapnel Records.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premonition_(Tony_MacAlpine_album)

* 'Premonition' was Vampire Rodents' follow-up to their last album, War Music. Released on their own label, V.R. Productions, it gathered them enough attention to get signed to Re-Constriction Records.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premonition_(Vampire_Rodents_album)

* Premonition is a 1998 is a live CD and DVD by John Fogerty. He performs both songs by his earlier band, Creedence Clearwater Revival, as well as ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premonition_(John_Fogerty_album)

* A clairvoyant or clairaudient experience, such as a dream, which resonates with some event in the future; A strong intuition that something is about to happen
    en.wiktionary.org/wiki/premonition

* Premonitions is 2005 novel by Jude Watson
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premonitions_(novel)

Downloads
    Uploads
    A premonition is like when you have a glimpse into the future. It is supposedly a scene that the person is meant to change for the better. It can be like an omen or a sign aswell to show you something bad is going to happen and you are meant to have one so you can change what is to come. When you have one, your body shakes uncontrollably and you tend to get quite hot and overwhelmed.
    I hope that answers your question. I don't really believe in them. But this is what they are!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Premonition
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    For other uses, see Premonition (disambiguation).
    "Premonitions" redirects here. For other uses, see Premonitions (disambiguation).
    Many had premonitions of the Titanic disaster

A premonition is an impression, often perceived as a warning, of a future event (from the Latin praemon?re, to forewarn : prae-, pre- + mon?re, to warn). It bears similarities to the concept of second sight in that it frequently comes in the form of a paranormal vision or as a vivid dream.[citation needed]

Premonitions are sometimes attributed to the presence of supernatural or paranormal abilities such as those of the prophetess Cassandra. However, the distinction between precognition and ordinary evidence-based predictions is sometimes not made sharply. Premonition is a concept which may or may not include ordinary predictions, resulting in a bias towards supernatural explanations for the phenomenon.

There are many recorded instances of premonitions which have come true but many others may be explained by the knowledge or deduction of those who experience them. An interesting analysis is presented in J.W. Dunne's book An Experiment with Time.