What universities have the best M.M. programs for vocal performance/opera?

bisous148

Aug 27, 2009
I had been tracking toward a five-year, two-degree program, but I just found out that my merit scholarships still only last four years. That being said, it is my fourth year, and I might drop one degree so I can graduate on time. However, now I find myself unprepared to do graduate school auditions for voice performance, since I had instead been preparing for a recital in the coming spring.

I really have little, if any, idea where I want to earn my M.M. Where are the best programs for an M.M. in vocal performance and/or opera?
I am willing and glad to go abroad to a country that speaks English, Italian, French, or German. However, I am content to stay in the United States. My family is in the Philadelphia area, and although I don't need to live near them, it is always a convenience on moving day.

If you know of individual teachers for specific voice types, I have a full lyric voice, considered by many to have potential as a dramatic voice. I currently study as a mezzo-soprano, but have the notes to be anything except a coloratura soprano.

Back