Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atheists: What do you think about fulfilled Bible prophecy. How is that done

without a God? Can humans predict the future accurately like the Bible does?
    For example, The Bible predicted the rise and fall of Alexander the Great and that his Kingdom would be divided up among his four generals.
    Daniel 8:
    ...20 “The ram that you saw possessing the two horns [stands for] the kings of Me´di·a and Persia. 21 And the hairy he-goat [stands for] the king of Greece; and as for the great horn that was between its eyes, it [stands for] the first king. 22 And that one having been broken, so that there were four that finally stood up instead of it, there are four kingdoms from [his] nation that will stand up, but not with his power.
    Daniel 8:
    5 And I, for my part, kept on considering, and, look! there was a male of the goats coming from the sunset upon the surface of the whole earth, and it was not touching the earth. And as regards the he-goat, there was a conspicuous horn between its eyes. 6 And it kept coming all the way to the ram possessing the two horns, which I had seen standing before the watercourse; and it came running toward it in its powerful rage.

7 And I saw it coming into close touch with the ram, and it began showing bitterness toward it, and it proceeded to strike down the ram and to break its two horns, and there proved to be no power in the ram to stand before it. So it threw it to the earth and trampled it down, and the ram proved to have no deliverer out of its hand.

8 And the male of the goats, for its part, put on great airs to an extreme; but as soon as it became mighty, the great horn was broken, and there proceeded to come up conspicuously four instead of it,...
    Also, prophecies about Edom and Babylon being effaced from existence came through.
    Dreamstuff...: what evidence do you have that Ezekiel 29:10-14 wasn't fulfilled?
    Isaiah foretold that a conqueror named Cyrus would destroy seemingly impregnable Babylon. He also said that Cyrus, would decide to let the Jewish exiles in his territory go free without any payment of ransom (Isaiah 44:28; 45:1; and 45:13). This prophecy was made more than 100 years before Cyrus was born, but it all came true.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If any have happened, it's most probably coincidental.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not think so. I'm an athiest and i do not believe we can accuratly predict the future i mean the bible cant even do it...how could we?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, when most of the stories were written after the fact, and the "prophecies" are incredibly vague coincidences, there are lots of ways to do that without god.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are there really any fulfilled biblical prophesies?

Did the bible really predict Alexander the Great? Please cite chapter & verse. I'm really curious.

When I was in college in the seventies the big thing for the end-times crowd was that the world would end one or two generations after Israel became a nation. They were foaming at the mouth expecting the apocalypse any day. If a generation is 20 years or so the prophesy was wrong.

I'd like to see a real, non-ambiguous biblical prophesy which came true. Something specific enough to be verified. Sorry, but I'm not impressed with so-called prophesies like "wars and famine" or "seven horned monsters" or "he rode into town on a donkey". There's never been a time without wars and famine and lots of people have rode donkeys.

If you think there are fulfilled prophesies please give me an example or two.

What makes you think that stuff from Daniel about goats is talking about Alexander? Alexander was not a goat and I'm pretty sure he touched the ground.

Junior Member HalfstarvedWombat's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's a steaming pile of BS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Give 1 example*, please. Until you provide any compelling evidence, we are forced to reject that claim out-of-hand.

* A valid example is one which could not also be described by a mundane, natural explanation.

Junior Member BananaChickenHead's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're confusing the Tanakh with your Bible. Stop trying to take credit for the work Jews did.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just as the unbelievers in Jesus day even though He walked among them they still would not believe ..
    Your answers are tragic
    Jesus said that when Israel became a nation that , that generation of people would not pass away before His return , indeed that happened in 1947 and the youngest of those witnesses are now 62 years old !!

Wake up people before it is to late

Junior Member ChampionofKnowledge's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ever hear of self-fulfilling prophecies? If enough people believe in the prophecy they will look for every opportunity to rationalize its occurrence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast