Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The same way Sylvia Browne or Jean Dixon make predictions. Just say a bunch of vague things that could possibly happen (e.g., two powerful countries will go to war) and some of them are likely to come true. The rest are forgotten.

Also, it helps that the New Testament writers were aware of prophesies of the Old Testament and so they could alter their stories to fit them (like how they had to get really creative to have Jesus born in Bethlehem.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    The same way Sylvia Browne or Jean Dixon make predictions. Just say a bunch of vague things that could possibly happen (e.g., two powerful countries will go to war) and some of them are likely to come true. The rest are forgotten.

Also, it helps that the New Testament writers were aware of prophesies of the Old Testament and so they could alter their stories to fit them (like how they had to get really creative to have Jesus born in Bethlehem.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean having the new book align perfectly with the old book? Seriously? It's not that difficult to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the 22nd Psalm -- proof of fulfilled prophecy. It describes a crucifixion (the Messiah's) long before the world knew what it was.

That is knowledge obtained from the Holy Spirit. Man couldn't have thought it up:

1 My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning.

2 O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer; And by night, but I have no rest.

3 Yet You are holy, O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel.

4 In You our fathers trusted; They trusted and You delivered them.

5 To You they cried out and were delivered; In You they trusted and were not disappointed.

6 But I am a worm and not a man, A reproach of men and despised by the people.

7 All who see me sneer at me; They separate with the lip, they wag the head, saying,

8 "Commit yourself to the LORD; let Him deliver him; Let Him rescue him, because He delights in him."

9 Yet You are He who brought me forth from the womb; You made me trust when upon my mother's breasts.

10 Upon You I was cast from birth; You have been my God from my mother's womb.

11 Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help.

12 Many bulls have surrounded me; Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled me.

13 They open wide their mouth at me, As a ravening and a roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And my tongue cleaves to my jaws; And You lay me in the dust of death.

16 For dogs have surrounded me; A band of evildoers has encompassed me; They pierced my hands and my feet.

17 I can count all my bones. They look, they stare at me;

18 They divide my garments among them, And for my clothing they cast lots.

19 But You, O LORD, be not far off; O You my help, hasten to my assistance.

20 Deliver my soul from the sword, My only life from the power of the dog.

21 Save me from the lion's mouth; From the horns of the wild oxen You answer me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No Bible prophesy has actually happened.

However, 25 years ago I wrote, "A man with initials BO will be elected president."

Your statement about Alexander requires the verse so we can see how ambiguous it is.

Junior Member AlæxBænjaminlovesRöck's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prophecy was written before they wrote the fulfillment. I mean get ready for this. "And then there will be a man who will liberate the masses" There we go I fulfilled the prophecy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123