Should I argue my speeding ticket?

Yaar

Aug 17, 2009
Earlier today I was pulled over for going 66 in a 40 (I'm currently in NY for college). This is my first traffic violation. I was wondering if I should attempt to argue my way out of the ticket. I don't have much of an excuse, but this was my first time driving here and I was unfamiliar with the area. The road I was driving on somewhat resembled a highway, and I somehow missed the posted speed limit.

Would it be worth it to try and argue my way out of this, or is my argument to shaky to try that?

Also, do you think I'll get the minimum fine seeing as how this is my first offense?

every situation is shaky but i argue every single one as best i can

your new and they might let you off

never give up

dont go to the point of no return like go to court with lawyer and u gotta pay $ for court time

see here in australia laws are very tough but ppl do it

goog luk

Only if you have more evidence than just standing in front of the judge and saying "I didn't do it".

You were speeding, pay the ticket. The fine is standardized so you won't need to worry about min/max.

EDIT: I don't know about New York, but in California we have the option of traffic school; you still have to pay the fine plus the fee for traffic school, but it keeps the points off of your license which will keep your insurance down.

Back