Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member cheerleader262626's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blackberry internet question?

I really want a blackberry and I'm thinking about buying one on ebay (I currently have a samsung gravity and my phone carrier is tmobile), I told my sister I want one but she said if I get a blackberry I HAVE to pay for the internet for the phone to work, even if I don't use the internet. Is this true?

Downloads
    Uploads
    no you can get a bb without a data plan at least with t mobile but i think this doesn't hold true for other companies like Verizon. In the end your really going to want one especially since tmobile is only 20 a month vs sprint and verizon at 30. All you will really have is over glorified regular cell if you dont.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hihi

I dont' know what country u are in - but this is for AU ^^. I'm using the Blackberry storm at the moment.

U don't have to pay for the internet for your phone to work. You can still use it to text and call - just like normal phone.

IF you want to use internet *NOTE* JUST WEB BROWSING - any internet pack would do.

However, if you would like to use the 'full blackberry' function - i.e. the e-mail alert on Blackberry, or the BB chat, MSN Chat and etc - you WILL NEED A BLACKBERRY PACK - which is about $30/month in AU - it should be roughly the same in other country.

ALso, be careful when you buy off ebay - I bought mine off ebay and went through quite a bit of trouble to get the BB full function to work - i.e. the instant e-mail notification thing. This is because the Blackberry pin was locked - and i need to unlock it.

Nevertheless, at the end, i manage to fix it with small cost. (The Pin is usually lock with the company that the phone originally came from. Mine one was lock to vodafone. IN order to use it - i bought a vodafone prepaid sim pack, activate it - call vodafone up and ask them to unlock the pin so that i can set up my internet account and use the Blackberry internet pack from another service provider).

Hope this helps!