What Is The Best Book You've Ever Read/ Favourite Books ?

david

May 11, 2008
Im looking to order some books,so would like suggestions :)
Iv already ordered 1984 by George Orwell
What are your favourites ?

Time Travellers Wife - read it loads and off to see the film

All the Kay Scarpetta books

Harry Potter

The Dark Tower books by Stephen King

darren shan there amsaing
4 boys and girls who like horrors
lol
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtcK1duRuy8uLt.ZUgLl50kgBgx.;_ylv=3?qid=20090814012545AAgWIiA
mine???

Harry potter series-J.K rowling

Night angel trilogy- Brent Weeks

Shadow of the Wind-Carlos ruin Zaffron

Tick Bite Fever - David Bennun

One of my favourite books, its amazing its an autobiography but not by some poncy celebrity. Its about this guy growing up in Africa and some parts of it are upsetting but some parts are hilarious.

Its definatly my top recommended book for anyone, and I've read a lot of books, this I once read three times in a row because I just couldn't get enough of it.

Also:
Good Omens - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaymon.

Brilliant take on the story of the antichrist, very funny yet intriguing. What more can you expect from two genius authors!

Anyway, hope I helped!

Probably Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk. It made me see everything in a different way.

'Don Quixote' - the first novel (arguably) and also (arguably) the best: but it's not a 'quick read'.

To suggest 'The Catcher in the Rye' (as mentioned by other answerers) and 'To Kill a Mockingbird' may be clichéd, but a cliché doesn't become a cliché without more than a grain of truth in the first place.

My conversation, and life, wouldn't be the same if I hadn't read - in no particular order - 'Treasure Island', 'Gulliver's Travels', 'Black Beauty', 'Vanity Fair', 'Lolita', 'The Big Sleep', 'The Gulag Archipelago' and 'American Psycho' ... to name but a few.

Having said that, I'm going away next week and have the latest books by Karin Slaughter and Jeffrey Deaver packed ...

These are my top 5:

Pride and Prejudice
Jane Eyre
Wide Sargasso Sea
The Picture of Dorian Gray
As I Lay Dying

However, since you're a guy, I doubt you'd be interested in the first three (though I would recommend them- just because you're a guy doesn't mean you might not enjoy them!), so here are some other suggestions:

The Great Gatsby
Dracula
Frankenstein
Fight Club
Slaughterhouse Five

Happy reading!

The Translasaga.

I read it way back when, so I hardly remember anything about it or even who wrote it. I just remember that I really loved that book.

Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.

Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card was a really good one too. But if you read that, I suggest you start with Ender's Game first.

The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling are still some of my favorite books. I love reading them and just seeing not only the characters progress, but how she as a novelist progresses as well.

I also really enjoyed The Husband by Dean Koontz.

I would read these books over a million times if I had to:

Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass
Geek Love
The World Without Us
The Best of the Bellevue Literary Review (a collection of many things)
Harry Potter (but how many times have you heard THAT?)

45&47 stella st (and the next two in the series) its a kids book and not the best book ever but it is my favorite. ive them over 20 times and even thought i know a lot of it pretty much off by heart it is still my favorite.

I like fantasy but 1984 by Orwell is:mad:
My favorite is The Lord Of the Rings by Tolkien:3_3_21[1]:

Originally Posted by david

I like fantasy but 1984 by Orwell is:mad:
My favorite is The Lord Of the Rings by Tolkien
3_3_21%5B1%5D.gif

Catcher in the rye, Rule of the bone, The Beach, I'm not scared, Tipping the velvet, Notes from the underground.

For me so far in my Life only 25 I would say Duma Key by Stephen King is a brill book its one for me to read again and again!

Sharpe's Waterloo by Bernard Cornwall is up there for me; so far I've read it four times.

Back