I want to become a pilot at ERAU and hopefully join the military as a pilot. Im in 12th grade, and havent done JROTC..so its too late for that....all i have riding is that im a CAP C/Cpt. and an assortment of other things...i want to become a pilot...so which branch is more for being a pilot?...air force pilots or aviation officers?

I understand aviation officers fly from 2nd Lt. to Cpt. maybe Major....and air force pilots fly for life....but i wouldnt mind being an aviation officer if my desk job also meant that i was a battalion commander of serveral dozen aircraft

If i join army ROTC...wat are the chances i will be trained in their fixed-wing aircrafts(i know they have fixed wing aircrafts...there mostly transport and cargo)...

If i apply for AFROTC..i was told it is next to impossible to become a pilot..and embry riddle is a great choice to become a pilot almost 2nd to the air force academy...i was told that they pick up more pilots...but the competition as ERAU is extremely fierce

So what should i do..if i want to fly and be apart of the one of the military branchs aviation division?