Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

is there a diffrence betwwen martial arts and mixed martial arts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Martial arts is a single system like Boxing, Jujitsu, Wing Chun ect..... that were all created (usually with no other martial art influence) from a situation in the past e.g. were under attack from an enemy so they created this art to defend themselves is a good example. MMA is made up of other martial arts or made up from pieces of other martial arts for example Jeet Kune Do, American Kempo and Vale Tudo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One is a complex system of techniques put together and honed over the course of hundreds of years and the other is M"MA". M"MA" is a sport, nothing more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    depends. i "mix" martial arts. i have studied a few now, and i mix them as needed. but i don't compete in the sport of Mixed Martial Arts. MMA isn't real martial arts. it's watered down and controlled and monitored. there's no threat of being killed if you lose so you don't get the same psychological warfare that plays into REAL martial arts. it's a "combat sport."

short answer, yes there's a difference. is there a difference between cashews and mixed nuts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing at all.

MMA (mixed martial arts) is simply mixing different styles of martial arts, and is also a sport.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Martial arts whether "mixed" or not does require training and practice of the techniques.

Martial arts is the art developed by single type of people in their own region to overcome the problems faced in their type of fight.

Mixed martial arts is a sport ring that combines many martial arts of the world.

NOTE: It does not cover non-sport martial arts like Krav Maga or Ninjutsu or Kali fighting or any other military art.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To me there is. Martial arts implies to me a system or style with structure, testing and promotions and belts and also the particular essence of what ever that style is. On the other hand MMA implies to me a compilation of different styles and some of the main techniques of each that can be used effectively in that type of fighting. It doesn't however capture the essence of each art that it takes things from nor does it have structure, testing and promotions like those arts have either.