Would it be bad to buy a macbook for college since it can't do blue ray?

Bex

May 21, 2008
I really like macbooks and im interested in buying one for college but it needs to last me four years. I'm concerned because it only does dvd and I'm worried that blue ray will replace dvds by then just like how new vhs is impossible to get a hold of now...

That should be the least of your concerns if you're getting one for college, you'll be needing it for schoolwork. Will a Macbook last 4 years? Of course. Is it worth spending all of that money? Not at all.

Macs are not a waste of money. PCs are a waste of money. Two reasons:

1) Since Macs have a longer useful life than PCs, you replace your Mac about half as often as you replace your PC.

Proof? Look at the 6 year old Macs people are buying on eBay. Doesn't compare to the number of 6 year old PCs people are buying. This return on your investment is yet one more reason Macs are cheaper than PCs.

2) Since Macs are more reliable than PCs, their is less down time. Since they are easier to repair than PCs, when they do go down, they come back up sooner.

You won't have any classes that require you to watch movies on Blue Ray, so get a Blue Ray player if you must have one. Just don't think of it as a requirement for a college computer.

no of couse not! and They last a long time honey! get it for college! DO NOT fall into the PC black hole!! macs rule!!! blue ray doesn't matter!! if you need to type documents and stuff, get iwork 09. Macs rule!
hope i helped!

Back