Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How Can I Tune My Pioneer DEH-5100UB Car Stereo to Sound it's Best at Louder Volumes?

i just bought the stereo and have been tinkering with it, it sounds ok but i know it could be better. i play loud hip/hop and rock,

it's a pioneer DEH-5100UB
    and i've got Alpine 5x7 in the front and Alpine 6x9 in the back
    this is all put into my 2000 ford f-150 extended cab.

In the audio menu i have
    " Bass booster=off, HPF=1000Hz, Loudness= off, subwoofer1=normal, subwoofer2 1000Hz and the level of the sub2 is 0"

my eq is set to.... (-6 to +6)zero being flat
    50Hz=+5
    125Hz=+3
    315=0
    800=0
    2kHz=+1
    5kHz=+2
    12.5kHz=+4

when i had the loudness set to medium it sounded a lot better but i read on another forum page that the loudness should be turned off because of my louder music playing. so i tried to turn it off and adjust the eq so it sounded better but i feel like the highs and lows are not as "warm" as they should be

really i need help with understanding how the eq works, the higher and lower Hz and reversing my sub or adding bass boost might do for me.

i'm only 17 and i've put a lot of money and effort into this and my truck so i would appreciate only serious answers
    no, i'm not gunna add an amp to for the speakers, i just need help learning how to properly tune and adjust the eq

Downloads
    Uploads
    Add a 4 channel amp to the speakers then adjust amp to the volume you like

Unregistered
    The loudness is just protection for your ears (which you don't need). Turn that ON. It sounds better, especially the highs. Turn the bass booster ON. THis usually helps, but depending on the power output of the deck, it might not sound better. If you have a sub, look up the power output and change the deck accordingly. Maybe try putting the 12.5 to +6