Is it possible to get a SIM card for Telus Mobility in Canada?

Spencer

Jun 6, 2008
Im in germany right now, and my girlfriend just bought a new phone. What I didnt know, is that all the phones herer use SIM cards instead of being internally programmed like most companies do in Canada. She got a very nice phone for much cheaper here than it would be in canada. So Im wondering if I bought a phone here for cheaper, can I just bring it to canada and put a Telus SIM card in it?

If Telus does not use SIM cards, Bell is also an option. No rogers where I live though.

Thanks!

European phones are GSM technology (like Rogers here in Canada). TELUS and Bell use CDMA technology and do not use sim cards. You may find it to be profitable to buy a few phones in Germany and resell them in Canada to Rogers clients.

This thread is quite old now, but...

Both Telus and Bell are HSPA+ now (GSM). So, the answer is YES, you can bring your phone from Germany, buy Telus HSPA card and continue using your beautiful phone. There is only one condition and that is your phone needs to be unlocked, or at least not locked to any cell phone network.

Unlocked and be able to operate on the frequencies of HSPA. Some GSM phones will and some won't. I haven't seen a list of compatible devices yet so you would have to research each one individually.

So this might be a stupid question but if I have a telus phone and and i get the sim card, i can go and unlock any phone (whether it be rogers or fido) and use that phone?

Only the new HSPA network has sim cards, the CDMA network does not. It is possible to use some GSM phones from other carriers on the HSPA network IF they are unlocked AND compatible to the TELUS HSPA network frequencies.

BTW there is no such thing as a stupid question.

So this might be a stupid question but if I have a telus phone and and i get the sim card, i can go and unlock any phone (whether it be rogers or fido) and use that phone?

Yes once you unlocked your telus phone you can use any sim card in your phone. If you need to unlock your phone you can visit this site Unlock-free.com here you can get the unlock code at free of cost and unlock your mobile at free of cost[Note:Free unlock code is only available for old mobile models]

Back