Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, have a DRZ and a bmw GS in the garage next to my VFR, no contest. Sport bikes are reasonable once you get used to them, but just don't have the maneuverability at slow speeds of a dual sport or standard bike.

But what are you calling slow speed, I'm talking at around walking speed. Above jogging speed, no problem, everything is good except choppers and cruisers with stupid handlebars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrwwfUDpk6M&feature=related

Firecracker...I'll have a go slow contest with a crusier guy any day, will even let you attatch all those flags to your bike that you like so much...I don't ride in parades or charity rides because I ride a motorcycle for sport, not a social occasion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is not a myth, but simply a misunderstanding. Just as "the exception that proves the rule" makes little sense unless you read "proves" in a somewhat archaic sense as meaning "tests" (as in "proving ground") similarly "cruisers are best ridden slow" does not mean "cruisers are the best at slow riding" but rather "going slow is all they do well".

Obviously, a trials bike is better at going slow than a cruiser. So is a dirt bike or dual sport. A sport bike should be at least as good, since the riding position permits the rider to use his legs and get his whole body into balancing the bike.

Indeed, the cruiser is the worst at going slow, ironic since that is what it does best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12