My boyfriend & I always get PDA for stupid things?

lovewasforsakenx

Jul 21, 2009
Whenever me and my boyfriend are in public, of course we will show affection. We hold hands, cuddle, and give each other pecks. Yet everytime we're at the pool and we do this, we always get a warning. it makes me think wtf?

Why do adults hate pda so much? People are just jealous cause they cant get any love these days...

Its not a big deal at all. But it just annoys me how little pecks/holding hands is considered such a "bad things" to people. People act like were full on groping each other and making out in public, which is something i would neverr ever do :p

Any of you guys get annoyed by that stuff?
Wow , real mature answer? Im not that annoyed im just curious as to why it annoys OTHERS so much. And im not going to stop because its my decision, and its what i want to do.
Well I hadnt seen in my boyfriend in like 3-4 weeks and we havent even had interaction with each other cause he was out of the country. That was the first time i saw him in a while so of course i gave him a peck i havent seen him in the longest time i wasnt just going to give him a light hug...

First off people at a pool should not be giving you "Warnings" Just for showing PDA! unless you live in one strict ass town! this is a free country.. Now if there are little kids around and you and your man are pretty much havin sex at the pool then thats another story.
but you can kiss, hold, ect if you want! where ever you want

it really isn't that big of a deal, but rules are rules. If it bothers you that much than here is what you do. You do what they tell you now and talk to them about it later. This shows respect for authority but you will also get your word in. Other than that just keep it pg where it is not age appropriate.

yeh, lol. I don't like when people do that, & maybe
there's little kids around, & they don't want their
kids to be seeing that stuff? haha, like; I was @
the mall with my boyfriend and people just give us bad
looks, it's not like we're making out, in front of
everyone. I will never figure it out.

Most people think it's simply inappropriate. I'm pretty sure people aren't warning you for holding hands, so I don't believe that for a second. Usually people who are all over each like this are usually immature, and don't realize how inappropriate they are. Personally, I find it annoying.

well i don't mind it if its like you said,, just like pecks and holding hands and cuddling and whatever,,
its just the full on vile down each others necks groping each other all the time kinda thing that i can't stand !!
but it doesnt sound like you do that so i dont understand why people are bothered by that either ?!!
i think its jealousy, ;)

you get warnings at your pool? can they do that?

anyway me and my boyfriend were standing near eachother in the hall one day, not even doing anything, and a teacher came up and said "don't even think about it!" and gave me a whole speech basically calling me a whore.
i was like what the hell!

i think it's cause older people didn't show that much affection in public when they were our age, and they feel like pecks are like sexual innuendos and we're too young. it's very odd.
but you definitely aren't the only one.. so annoying!

answer mine real quick? thanks :)
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090720131118AA7aTgM&r=w

HAHA what?
im sure they dont care about you guys relationship but theres KIDS at the the pool some parents dont want there young KIDS to see that type of stuff WOW you must be a KID yourself think!

because it gets them uncomfortable that it might get to the next level and stuff. I think it depends how you do it.

most ppl dont like affection in public im not really too against it but just hold hands and hug sometimes...

i dont kno why i think they just hav problems lol

HAHA what?
im sure they dont care about you guys relationship but theres KIDS at the the pool some parents dont want there young KIDS to see that type of stuff WOW you must be a KID yourself think!

Its probably because your around little kids and the guards may not want it to go "farther". (They dont know you, or the fact that your not gonna full on grope, hump or make out). I know Ive had to kick many a kid out in my day for humping in the pool. Ive even caught kids having sex in a public pool and had to call their parents...ugh. Just...be nice around the kiddies, kay?

haha this would NEVER happen to me. i'm pretty surre i'm gunna be single for the rest of my life FML

-i agree with you
-and just dont worry about those ppl they dont know what they talking bout
-but maybe to compromise just tone it down a tiny bit

I understand, some people just get so uptight when they see two people kiss. I just don't see the big deal. I can understand if they are practically molesting each other, but I think a little pda (light kisses, holding hands, cudling) is cute.

I get VERY annoyed :/

You do have to respect older adults wishes,
since they might have children.
But holding hands and PECKING isn't
something they should be worried about.

Just make sure everyone's hands stay in visible view :)
& don't let your pecks get out of hand !

Good Luck!

Back