Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Unregistered
    I hate that when people only write take your pet to the vet because lately if you haven't knoticed the economy is not doing so good and people are short on cash and are worried about their pet and asking for some help or tell them if it is serious enough to take it to the vet, help people dont judge them.

Unregistered
    Ouch- that must have hurt. if you ask me you should tell your daughter to be more careful! As for your kitty, cats usually have a natural ability to heal themselves. They are also tolerant to pain, but I dunno about a kitten. If his/her leg doesnt appear to be getting better after a week, I'd reccomend a vet visit. Getting an injury so early in life can affect them later on (permanent limping, etc.) but thats unlikely. Hope your kitty gets well soon!

Unregistered
    Regardless of weather the cat needs to go to the vets or not everyone saying its ok not to take it because you don't have the money is rediciolus. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE THE PET. Sorry that's just the way it is. Not taking it for medical treatment when it is need it is animal cruelty and that illegal. I wish people would think before they had pets they are not just toys that can be ignored when they are broken.

Unregistered
    some people don't have the money to take a kitten to a vet. I would like to know the exactly same question as well.

so chill out

Unregistered
    SOME NICE CARING PEOPLE FIND HOMELESS KITTENS AND WOULD LIKE TO PROVIDE A DECENT HOME FOR THEM NOT EXPECTING THAT THEY WILL LATER LOSE THEIR JOBS....SO GET OFF YOUR HIGH HOTHORSE AND COME DOWN TO THE REAL WORLD....ONE DAY YOU WILL GET IN A SITUATION THAT YOU WILL NEED HELP FROM OTHERS...BUTT HOLE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ((((..)))) View Post
    the broken door of the closet fell onto my cat leg(i donno how)but it's hurting alot.it can walk but with difficulty and there is no blood or a scratsh.what should I do to make sure that if it's broken or not?
    To make it sure.. Bring that poor cat to the vet..
    But I think you will notice it by just seeing how he/she walks..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hi cat mom, i agree with you totally, i have always took the best care of my animals, cats and dogs, but i have a question for you, if you could please help me, i have never had this happen to me before, my full grown male cat left yesterday and came back today limping, his right hind leg was dangling down, he could not lift it, nor could he put any body weight on it, even though he seems to be in a little pain, cats have a high tolerance for pain, yet he seems to be fine otherwise, he has nice pink gums, his heart rate is not fast or racing, but his right hind paw and distal <lower> leg toward his paw is swollen bigger than his other hind leg and paw. what do you think? i think it is probably broken, but wanted to ask anyway, if he not better tomorrow i am taking him to be seen. have you ever encountered this before with any of yours? thanks.
    Did you get any replies about your cat? My gran's cat has had exactly the same thing happen to it! Come home with a dangling back leg. No cuts, no bruises, no swelling. She doesnt want to take him to the vet and wants to see how he does healing on his own. She thinks it's a sprain. I'm worried as I don't know if he's in pain, as he's still going out in the day, and eating as usual. He cannot put any weight on the leg though and limps if he tries. He has been pulling out the fur around his hip bone, so clearly he's in pain or discomfort inside him. Any advice how we can help him, before going to the vet?
    Thank you.

Could it be dislocated.?

Unregistered

rude remark

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    ARE YOU KIDDING? YOU CAN TELL BY ATTENDING TO HIS MEDICAL NEEDS BY.....
    TAKING YOUR CAT TO THE VET.
    TAKING YOUR CAT TO THE ANIMAL HOSPITAL.
    TAKING YOUR CAT TO GET MEDICAL TREATMENT....SOMEWHERE....ANYWHERE.
    Would you play guessing games if your kid had done the same thing???????

Not trying to be mean, but it's clear that you would rather wait for all of us Yahoo Answers inexperienced know-it-alls, bored teenagers and hobbyists to answer a medical question while your cat could have a broken limb.
    Please use some common sense, and for God's sake, get the animal some help.
    sum of us do not have the money to just take the animal to the vet.
    an how can u compare a child and a cats welfare in the same catorgory?
    a child is much more precious than an animal. an i am an animal lover.
    ur rudeness was not needed

Unregistered
    Hi, I'm babysitting my neighbors cats for a week, she has 5. One of them got out last night, and this morning she was limping. I called her owner, but she didn't answer. I felt her leg, gently, and she flinched. I don't know what to do.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Regardless of weather the cat needs to go to the vets or not everyone saying its ok not to take it because you don't have the money is rediciolus. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE THE PET. Sorry that's just the way it is. Not taking it for medical treatment when it is need it is animal cruelty and that illegal. I wish people would think before they had pets they are not just toys that can be ignored when they are broken.
    Some CRAZY people think that throwing their cat out o the sreets with wild animals, cars, and disease or sending it to a sheltor where it will get killed in a week or something is WORSE than MAYBE not being able to take the cat to the vet IF it get injured...Wierdos

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast