Christians, in Luke 16, did Lazarus believe in God/Christ?

WonderfulDay

Jul 16, 2009
I'm a Christian and I know & believe that a person is saved by believing in Christ as John 3:16 tells us. But the story of Lazarus has been a bit puzzling to me because of verse 25. I know God's word does not contradict so I must be either misreading it or missing something, so I need your help!!

According to Luke 16:19~31, Lazarus was a homeless man who went to heaven, but it does not say whether he believed in God. It tells us in verse 25 that Lazarus "received bad things" & the rich man "his good things".
But in verse 30 it gives us a hint that Lazarus did because it's talking about the unrepenting family of the rich man.

So Lazarus did believe in God by looking at vs.30, 25...?
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke%2016:19-31&version=31
Oops.. my apology, I'm correcting myself,
..in verse "31" it gives us a hint that Lazarus believed in God because it's talking about the unrepenting family of the rich man.
the point of this story is in verse 31

Yes Lazarus was a True Believer...
To be carried to where Abraham was required that you were saved the way Abraham was and that was by FAITH. Galatians 3:6,7 reads, "Even as Abraham BELIEVED GOD [VS 8 TELLS US HE BELIEVED THE GOSPEL], AND IT WAS ACCOUNTED TO HIM FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS. Know ye therefore that thy which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham." The beggar was a 'child of Abraham' and was gathered to 'Abraham's bosom" because he was Abraham's spiritual child. The rich man was not a child of Abraham as evidenced by the fact that he went to a place of torment. He had no faith in the gospel of Christ.

Lazerus was from before the asention of christ...at that time, those who looked forward to the comming messiah, when they died went to Paradice awaiting the messiah who " led captivity captive and gave gifts to men"

Belief is not something as many Christians teach here. God is NEVER benefited by our faith in Him. He wants us not to live like fools thinking that we ourselves are our judges. There is an unseen force above us who has given us everything to live abundantly. But if do not see our fellow being suffer and help him, that force will abandon us. He wants us to love others and that is the kind of faith God needs.

Back