Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need a Christian's point of view please!! important question sorta?

If you choose not to obey what god says but you fully believe in him and you really want to follow him and obey him but some things are holding back. what if you were to kill yourself. do you think that person would end up in hell?

Downloads
    Uploads
    you cant beat sin or disobedience by playing with it .. it will trick you .. hence the reason it is sin or disobedience .. its deceptive .

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe suicide is something that will get you into hell. I'm not sure how strict of judgment God will actually have on us but I believe that it is definitely something that will not be taken lightly. Suicide is still murder. And it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. If you have any doubts it's probably best just to not risk it. Because really, what is living for one lifetime that you don't want to live compared to an eternity of damnation? However, I also believe there are few exceptions. Such as if you were doing it to save another life. Although that situation almost never occurs. I don't know whether you are contemplating suicide or if you are just curious, but either way I believe the answer is yes and whether you are Christian or not, suicide is definitely not the best answer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Without a doubt. Even if you believed and did everything right and killed your self you would wind up there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes he would because he did not fully believe in him nor did he choose to follow and obey him.

You have to accept the kingdom of God as a little child with complete faith and no doubt.

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
    James 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
    James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

not wavering means not to doubt

going back and forth doubting in God one moment and believing the next.

he is double minded and unstable spiritually

Downloads
    Uploads
    suicide means that you do not love the life and world that God has given you, and that is turning your back on God, the greatest sin of all. and that's all great to fully believe and want to follow him, but you can't just say that you want to do it. you actually have to go out and TRY.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Bible says that the word of God is power to those who believe in God but foolishness to those who are perishing, so I believe when a person has given their lives to God, the Holy Spirit dwells in them and helps them "always" especially in trouble times. I know this due my personal experience... and guess what? We "have" given our lives to Christ, so it's still hapening.. you choice to believe in Christ and give your life to him didn't wasn't a "one" thing / happening, but an ongoing thing. Please do not lose faith.. you said you believe in God, so make God proud... simply ask him to give a humble heart and a zest for him and his word.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only God can really judge this one. We don't know why the person doesn't obey God. Deliberately disobeying God is quite serious, but it may depend on the gravity of the sin, and also how hard they are trying.

Is the person praying to God for help? Have they sought spiritual guidance, from a priest, or a minister?

Someone who seriously contemplates committing suicide is in a bad way. Sadly, I hope this is not due to feeling sinful. Adding suicide to the list of sins is not a solution.

We all sin. We all need to do better. We all need to try harder.

Cling to Jesus. Pray to God. Not suicide.

Downloads
    Uploads
    God doesn't require or NEED obedience.

If you did that - most likely, you will end up right back here again starting from the very beginning and find yourself however many years later right here again tonight, asking this question. The scary thing is, if you have done this before, this might not be the first time you have done it AGAIN.

There is no hell to go to, only heaven. But people who do the suicide thing immediately end up regretting it when they get to the other side and realize what they just did was break a sacred promise with God. It is not God who sends you back here - it is YOU who does.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No... If you loved God.. and he killed himself.. Would you send him to Hell..?.. Wouldn't you put your arms around him and let him rest and love him..?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast