why do some people hate twilight?

sunshine_love

Jul 16, 2009
and im talking about the books not the movie because the movie sucked ass next to the book .
and please dont tell me because edward this and that blah blah blah !
so what do you guys hate about the books.?

I have no idea, but I personally loved the books. I liked the movie, but it definitely didn't represent by any standards how wonderful the book was. Twilight is brilliantly written. I think a lot of people don't give it credit because they've only seen the movie, but to them I say, READ THE BOOKS! They're absolutely amazing!!! :D

Cuz the book is a chick book and guys dont like that kinda stuff unless there gay(i have nothing against gay ppl). And thats how guys always have been, been against girl stuff because they think that guys are better(way far back every guy dos).

most people that i have met that hate twilight have never read twilight. They hate it because what they think it is and have no idea how much they would like it if they read it. they think its cheesey and for little kids and have judged it before they read the first page.

i didnt hate them, i loved them, and read all of em before they were popluarr..
anyways twilight is getting so much attention and some people are determined to be a "rebel" and prove that their not like everyone else. so they judge without reading it. if they did read them and hated them, good for them idc.
to tell you the truth, the books were pretty poorly written, but the plot was spectacular, so i loved em still:)

there's really no plot or point to the stories.
they're unreal. unoriginal, fake, and lame.

the movie really showed the books gayness.

:)

it's not the books, it's the epidemic. all these teenage girls and soccer moms went ga ga for robert pattinson and haven't even read the books. or they have just because they imagine robert pattinson as edward. i read twilight three years ago before the epidemic.

cuz of the way SM writes
the way she portrayed vampires
fangirls obsessing over edward
all the attention it got

I hate the books because I believe it sends a bad message out to the young girls reading them, that message is that you NEED a man in your life, and without said man, you can't function, much like Bella in the books.

Also because vampires don't sparkle ;)

Although the series is adored by many, it has to be the worse book i've ever read in terms of originality, clichés, plot, and writing.

Cliché #1:
The new girl in school who is awkward and clumsy and terrible at everything. How many times have we seen and read this?

Cliché #2:
The new girl falling in love with the hottest guy in school (Edward). No one saw that coming.

Cliché #3:
Despite the new girl's awkwardness and plain looks, the hottest guy in school falls in love with her. The epitome of originality, am I right? *sarcasm*

Cliché #4:
The new girl is hopelessly in love with the hottest guy in school to the point where you want to slap her because she'll do literally everything and anything the hottest guy in school will tell her to do just for him.

Cliché #5:
The vampire (who is the hottest guy in school), despite his love for the new girl, thirsts for her blood and struggles to control his bloodlust. Wow.

Cliché #6:
The vampire is a good vampire who doesn't want to hurt humans, so he feeds off of animals instead. *cough* Louis from Interview with the Vampire *cough*

Cliché #7:
The vampire thinks he's a monster and that the new girl should stay away from him if she values her life, but of course the new girl risks her life to be with him.

Cliché #8:
The new girl would rather die than not be with the vampire, which is the stupidest thing anyone on this Earth can ever say. Yes, I understand she's madly and hopelessly and stupidly in love with him, but you only get one life. She isn't even considerate of the family members she would leave behind who would mourn her death.

There is no plot to the story. It's just a bunch of events that happens between Bella and Edward.

The writing in the beginning is so plain, and even though it does get better, it's still not good.

There's no figuritive language and not much description. The only thing the author seems to describe is Edward's appearence. Every other freaking sentence is talking about this muscular arms or smile or face or eyes or hair. It's like she created this book to produce a bazillion teenaged fangirls who are obsessed with Edward and don't care about the rest of the story. There really is nothing original about this book. Nothing that the author has come up with on her own.

It's pretty much your cliche vampire romance novel.

I don't like it because it is not very well written and it is aimed at girls. I detest it when my daughter reads that filth when she could be reading a book with substance

There can be many reasons. Personally I liked them but have some reservations about them and can understand some people not liking them for various reasons. Here's a few.

#1 I'm just getting sick of seeing "Twilight" everywhere I go on the internet and I'm sure it bothers other people as well.

#2 While the books are written in an engaging manner Stephenie Meyer isn't a literary genius. She's a good writer, but when I see people lauding her as "THE BEST WRITER EVAR" it makes me mad because there are some WAY better authors who have amazing ways of working with words but who aren't getting the same amount of recognition as Meyers. Which leads me to #3

#3 Twilight appeals to a lot of people because it's almost like a Mary Sue.* It's written in the first person, and from the perspective of a teen girl. This makes it easier for young female readers to identify with the story and almost pretend it's about them. Also, the story is the fantasy of many girls - a very sexy, strong, supernaturally gifted boyfriend who is obsessed with you and will never grow old. As such, the books feed girl's already existing fantasies, hightening the appeal. (for the guys who like it, perhaps it's because they'd like to be hot and supernatural like Edward?)

#4 Bella does get to be a little annoying, she's quite selfish and I like her less and less as the books progress.

#5 Though you may find it hard to believe, not everyone is into vampires and werewolves. It's very possible that these books just aren't doing it for some people and so they read the books and are disappointed to find it's a high school love story.

#6 I think a lot of people "hate" the books simply as a reaction to all the hype they have generated. There are many who are much less inclined to like something if they know everyone else is crazy about it - they want to make sure they stay separate from the crazies, it makes them feel somehow superior. (I'm NOT saying that everyone who dislikes Twilight is just in denial, I'm simply offering this as the reason SOME people are so adamant about disliking it)

*Mary Sue is a term used in fan fiction when someone writes a story about their favorite characters from a book/movie/etc. but inserts an extra character (usually female) who may have a different name but is really meant to be the author.

Back