My Boyfriend and i argue most of the time due to his sarcasm towards me. I need...

Maggz84

Jul 15, 2009
...advice..? My boyfriend and i have been together for a year and three months. He is such a sweet,adorable and amazing boyfriend. I love him so much and he loves me so much too. I know he probably loves me more than i love him. And he does show it. He does everything fo me and he wants for us to spend our lives together. Everything is so perfect BUT, yeah there's a big BUT. He is very sarcastic and makes smart a** remarks and jokes around a lot. Sometimes he offends me when he plays around with me. I just think it isn't right for him to be telling me things that he tells me. More than three times I've already asked him to please think about me and to think before he ever tells me something that may offend me. But he keeps doing it, not purposely though. He just can't seem to change even though he tries so hard. He doesn't want to hurt me anymore by his words but If he loves me so much why can't he do this one thing for me. He knows that it causes problems in our relationship and that he hurts me. And he knows that i am a very sensitive girl. I don't know what else to tell him for him to understand me and stop. Am i the one that may need to change?.. I have tried but ever since i was a little girl i have always been this sensitive. I really want for us to stop having problems. What can i do??..

Please And Thank You..

just ignore it. guys show their love in a very diff way then us. think about it this way, he is only saying this stuff cuz he loves u and it is just hard for him to keep telling u that he loves u. plus i know that guys are like that when they really like someone. just try and live with it. don't let something so stupid ruin ur relationship

You guyz sound like an amazing couple and just remember every relationship has its flaws.Unfortunately his sarcastic personality is not fit with yourr sensitive one.Try to remember that he loves you and he is kidding around and make sure you tell him when hes doing it because he probably doesnt even realize it.Its hard to change but im sure hes trying and you need to relax and just remember he loves you and maybe make fun of him(jokingly) bak a little.good luck hunn<3

tell him that if he keeps doing it on such a harsh level he could lose your love. because insults, sarcastic or not, hurt.

but if its ignorable then joke around and be sarcastic with him too :)

never let it get out of hand though. sarcasm shouldnt be the cause of a love lost :/

Dis Kinda Sounds Like one of my homies, The Big Problem is that u shud tell him how you feel thats what I wud Wnt My Girl 2 do and he'll stop jus tell him straight up we gotta talk and tell him he shud stop actin the way he acts cuz it hurts u and I Kno he wud change Becuz I Wud Chands 2wards My Girl Hope dis helps!

Oh no, he sounds so much like my husband. End the relationship, seriously, now. The sarcasm will only get worse. It's abusive behavior and will get worse.

Take matters in to you own hands

I'm experiencing something similar with my boyfriend of two years at the moment. I 've repeatedly asked him to stop speaking sarcastically towrds me but he doesn't see what the problem is. It sounds as though your boyfriend wants to stop this behaviour but doesn't know how. Try telling him calmly each and every time he does it this way he will realise his tone and what it is that he's saying that upsets you. If he doesn't see a problem tell him the relationship isn't pleasing you, you feel unloved and hurt by his actions and words. Let him know you won't let him treat you like this. Often we take out our problems on the people we love but this can result in a lack of respect for the other person as they feel they can act as they wish and not be called up on it- don't let it get to this stage as it could become abusive. Emotional abusive is just as fatal as physical abuse. Save your relationship and let him know exactly what he's doing and that he can't treat you that way if he wants your love and trust.
Let us know how you get on
xx

Sarcastic boyfriend

Dont ignore it. Everyone becomes sarcastic at times, sometimes in fun, sometimes to be hurtful. Yeah, some people are just plain sarcastic and that says a lot about their personality, like why the need to be sarcastic especially when they KNOW it is hurting someones feelings. I am 57, no spring chicken and I have a boyfriend with no patience, a hairtrigger temper, and very caustic and sarcastic at the expense of my feelings to the point where he has had me in tears. He knows all of this and says he is trying to change. I am really looking at what he DOES AND NOT WHAT HE SAYS. I am trying to decide whether it is worth staying with him. We also argue everytime I disagree with him about anything and that is when he really brings out the big guns, caustic and sarcastic. If your boyfriend has a lot of good qualities and you are both fairly young, you may want to consider counseling. My boyfriend has already said no. Again watch what they do or don't do for you, not just what they say. Words are cheap.

Back