Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spiritually speaking; How can one be a Christian knowing how much harm it has caused?

And the fact it was spread by torturing and force?

And that all religions are man-made? What makes yours so much better?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Greater than He, that is in Me, than HE, who is in the WORLD......This should explain it clearly....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because my sins are of a different kind, and i quite agree that "the sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath."

Junior Member ignoramus_the_great's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can also look at how much harm atheist regimes have caused. With Christianity you forgot how the early Christians were persecuted simply for their faith, and you do not bother to look at the news today at how Christians around the world are being persecuted for their faith.

You can only say all religions are man-made if you do not believe in God at all. Otherwise there is at least one true belief. For me it is Christiainity. In Christianity it is not man counting himself worthy of salvation, or earning his salvation. It is man realizing that God himself has made a way for salvation, and that it is a gift from God, and that God is love. This erases man's ability to consider himself better than the next person, and for a lot of people this is an unacceptable thought.

Remember the Christian is the one who follows God out of love and gratitude. Your torturers would be considered otherwise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ignorance is bliss?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't do it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, it wasn't my fault.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is PEOPLE have caused the harm, not Christianity. People are hypocrites and want power, and want control over other people and like to force their will on others. If these people choose to be hypocrites and commit atrocious acts, then that is NOT the fault of Christianity. It does not make Christianity any less true.

Let me ask you a question : If your algebra teacher was a child molester and a murderer, does that make algebra any less true?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because I know the actual history as opposed to the thing you have been taught in its place. Read the accounts of the first and second century Christians, see how much torture they committed. Read of the monks and the monastic movement or the ascetics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's only because people do not practice the true meaning of their religion. The same could be said for Islam. Both Christianity and Islam support peace, people just carry it out wrong. That's just human nature, nothing to blame on the religion, it's just an excuse they use for their actions. But read the Bible or the Quran and you wont see such violence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast