Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member Patriotsallthewayt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will a cell phone locked to Fido work with a Rogers SIM card?

I have a cell phone and it's about to bite the dust. Its a Rogers Samsung D807 with a SIM card inserted. There's someone selling a Fido LG Neon, now if I were to buy it, would I be able to use the Rogers SIM card that is inserted in my current phone? I just got my phone a month ago for free from my buddy, and then I bought the SIM and paid the activation fees which wasn't too cheap... I don't want to have to pay again and I don't want to pay around 200 bucks for a new phone. Normally I wouldn't care but my parents are too cheap to buy me a phone themselves and pay for a plan so I have to pay for the whole thing myself. Any help / knowledge on locking / unlocking phones and that sort of thing is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Unregistered
    No, I just tried my Rogers prepaid sim in a locked Fido iPhone 4 and it did not work; shows invalid sim. You'll have to pay at least 120.00 to get it unlocked first.

Unregistered
    The basic concept behind the network restriction of a phone is, the device with a network lock will work only with the specific network to which it has been locked to. It won't work with any other network's SIM card unless the device is unlocked. There are various ways to unlock a network restricted phone. The safest and easiest way among them is to unlock using unlock code. The unlock code for a mobile phone can be obtained either from the respective network provider or from any trusted vendor online. For example, TheUnlockArena.com this website provides accurate unlock codes for hundreds of international mobile models and supported international networks at affordable cost with an easy unlocking guide. Good luck.