Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Confusion

What should I do with a son that has no...

...interest in sports except for video games? Don't get me wrong the boy the brightest one in his class and has skipped several grades in reading and is a grade higher in math. He is an awesome big brother and does choirs and all that just chooses in his free time to play the games. Ok here is the biggest problem I was a very active kid and now pretty much all I do now is play golf. Yes I bought him a set of clubs and have tried to get him involved in it. I'm really just starting to lean towards the purchase him a computer response and push him in nd 3that field I do know there is alot of money in the field computers in general and if that makes him better off in the end that him growing up and hating me cause I made him do something he didn't want to then I think that maybe the right answer. Anyone else have any other ideas????

forrestwanderer
    unplug and go to the park with him

gcsinger04
    try and watch some sports with him, or play catch or touch football or something. Don't push him into it, or he definitly won't want anything to do with it. The more a kid is pushed into something they don't want the more they don't like you.

Bjorn T
    Let him play the video games, it stimulates the mind. Just make sure he does his chores and homework and let him do what he enjoys. Not everyone will enjoy sports. Also, maybe find out what kind of games he plays and play with him. Educate yourself, learn about games. Be a good father.

niteowlpet
    Not a thing! If he isn't into sports, don't push it on him. It is ok to insist he go out and do "other things" - like ride a bike OR SOMETHING - but do not insist he do specific things, like sports. He will just resent it and you.

dramadery
    Find out what he's interested in. Find common grounds. There's more to life than sports.

NiceGirlsDoToo
    Maybe sports just aren't for him. No biggie as long as he gets enough exercise. On the other hand, an addiction to video games isn't so great either. You can't push him toward sports, but you can limit his time with the video games.You could try bribing him to join a team...or martial arts.

wreck tom
    they say kids that play a lot of video games make good surgeons because of the hand eye coordination and besides football is f ing boring

alias_dictus_tony
    Buy him a computer and get him some books on game design. Thier is big bucks to be made in game design.

CGP
    You don't ever want to force him unless he is really young but if he is a teenager then have him play football with is dad or soccer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast