Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 4 m/o pug whines whenever I leave her in her crate alone. What can I do to make...

...this stop? She does it regardless of how many toys she has, the music I have playing for her, the scented shirt I have in her crate for her....I have done everything I have been told to do to make this stop. Its now 1am and she is howling. I'm terrified she'll wake the neighbors, but if I give in and go in there I know she'll win and get her reward of seeing me. What do I do????
    Jsan - then what do you suggest I do? Leave a 4 m/o unhousebroken teething puppy roam my home unsupervised? That's a smart idea.

She has a companion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well there is nothing you can do.they have to get use to being in a cge away from u.all dogs go through this my dogs did too they will be ok they need to get used to being away from you and being in the cage.if they don't like it oh well! they will have to learn somehow and dont let the puppy dog eyes trick ya

Downloads
    Uploads
    All puppies whine when they begin crate training. Just ignore the behavior, and do some clicker training or positive reinforcement training with her during the day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We cover the crates with sheets. It provides darkness and helps relax them. No music, noise, lights or coming to comfort them. It may sound mean, but you are trying to achieve a goal that will make all lives happier.

Should she continue to cry, sneak over to the crate when it is covered and tap the crate to create a distraction. The goal is to take her mind off of being spoiled and trying to get out of the crate, and to make her lay down to go to sleep. There is no need for yelling or frustration. We have trained dogs and puppies this way. All breeds, sizes and ages. We do not make them fearful of the crates, we try to provide them with safe, comfortable and relaxing place to sleep. Some puppies or dogs take a little longer if they are spoiled or afraid - and this takes more patience and understanding. But if you stay consistent and approach this as a time to help her, you will succeed. Her reward is getting a good night sleep.

Best of luck. I also recommend doing some reading up on this as well. Not all techniques work on all dogs and this is why so many trainers have so many different avenues for training.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dont put her in the cage and teach her not to chew your stuff. You could also buy her like 10 or more toys and spread them all over the floor so she woll only care about anything else put her toys...

Hope This Helps, Maddi

Downloads
    Uploads
    shes probably scared.
    puppies will be puppies.
    i don't have the right heart to crate train. i need my babies in my bed with me

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't leave them in a crate! If you have no choice then you will just have to deal w/ the dog yapping! It dosent care if you put stuff in the cage the dog still wants to roam like a regular animal!