Why are there so many mean people in the religion section?

Sophie

May 16, 2008
Sorry if you're one of the nice ones but why do some people leave mean answers to people when they're asking a serious question? And I'm not talking about being mean to trolls. This site is for asking and answering questions so why be mean?

Thanks

It wouldn't be as mean if there weren't so many atheists on here.

I'm not saying that most atheists are mean. I'm saying that most mean people on here are atheists.

And I won't lie and say that I have never been mean on here. I have been at times. But I try not to be.

I try to be nice most of the time, but sometimes I get really irritated with the way some people view others and I might get snappy.. That's when it's time for me to get off the computer.

This is the only place hopping this time of night. A mean person with out victims is just pathetic, so they have to come where the people are.

Because some Atheists like to tell christians how dumb they are for believing what they believe.
And Some Christians like to tell Atheists that there going to burn for it.

It's the internet. That's just how the it is here.

EDIT: What's up with all the people blaming it on one belief or another? There are people from every group who are responsible for this kind of behavior. If you're pointing fingers at one specific group, you're a hypocrite.

There is a feud here between the Christians and the atheists. Some stay out of it, some stay civil, more get rude and ugly. There's an immature element.

Cause religious people believe that they must defeat their own faith and destroy the faith of others. Religious People aren't very tolerant in human history, especially if they comes from a sect like JW or LDS.

because they have no lives there only excite meant is to make fun of people when really they do it because they do not understand it and i feel if you dont agree with what people believe then they should keep their ignorant comment to themselves and sit back and wait until god comes or does not come (which ever they believe) but i agree with you

If you think people here are mean, go to the politics section.

Edit: @ Tar J, Hitler was a catholic and killed millions. Your point?

Could it be that religion is very important to people and they get defensive.

Some people are just mean. Personality doesn't discriminate (have you seen the finger pointing? It goes many ways).

If you really want to see what meanness is all about, try the Politics section.

Anyways, you can't dictate what other people choose to do or how they wish to behave, even at an online Q/A community. You just have to roll with it.

Jordan is right, the Politics section is bully central!!!

The people in that section are the most insensitive bitterly sarcastic mean spirited cold blooded people I've ever had the unfortunate event of speaking to.

Back