How can someone be Christian after knowing how much harm Christianity has caused?

Denver

Dec 24, 2008
and knowing how much it has been mistranslated?
If God is good why would he let his religions be mistranslated???
Catholic=Christian

Dont be a dumbass.

God put us on this earth to be tested of our phyisical and spiritual capacity. What we perservere in life is a true test of our faith in him.

That is why we are put here with Satan, to again, be tested of how much we able to withstand him, which is also the reason the world is so cruel

God has (supernaturally) changed my life along with 2.3 billion others life's as well -- besides that you don't see Christians flying into buildings in the name of God...

Blessings !

Most people don't realize that the Roman Catholic church caused all the problems .

Not the christian people

Even though I adhere to no religion, I do think that the teachings of the man Christ were indeed a a good code of conduct to live by. All this said I doubt very much that he ever intended his work to be mutilated and abused the way it has been today.
Propaganda is without doubt a mans way of thinking, and those in power will stop at nothing to utilise and abuse the fear of others to further their own ends, even if this means taking the works of another and twisting it to such an extent that the true origins are lost.
Religion is man made and nothing to do with the christian version of god, it's all based on a lie perpetrated by greed and fear of death by those that were, and still are in power.

Do you throw the baby out with the bath water?

Being Christian is not a religion it is a relationship with Christ. Those who harm in the name of Christianity, do not know or understand how to be a Christian. And, they do not know Christ.

Because Christianity is not the problem, peope blaspheming God's name saying they're doing honour-killings or whatever else in His name are the problem. God wants us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, not have the whole thing make sense at the moment of salvation.

You cannot deny that Christianity teaches peace.
Some people just have trouble following the teachings.

The Bible did not teach people these wrongs. Christians are forbidden to involve themselves in warfare and violence. Yet they chose Caesar (human governments) over Christ.

Hell is only the grave and all get out to come back to a paradise earth to learn. Rev. 20:13, 14, Isaiah 26:9, 10, 65:17-20 and more.

But they want your money so they say you will go to hell and burn alive in great pain for eternity unless you get saved into their church before you die.

He did not allow true religion to fail or act like that. Satan has invented many false sects who do not obey Jesus. You apparently know about them.

Debbie [email protected]
one of Jehovah's Witnesses

I hope you don't mind if I answer with a question.

How can someone stand to be a human being after knowing how much harm human beings have caused?

Most of us understand that most of the stories about Christianity's supposed evil past are made up by people who have no control over their own lusts and prejudices.

Your claim that it was mistranslated is just another symptom of the same disease.

its only like that because people need something to belong to but not necessarily follow everything they say they believe a true Christan or follower of god accepts and trys to apply and life what the bible says.....if it say do not lie,steal,or kill we accept it and just dont do it ....EVERYONE that says there a Christan isn't

being a Christian has nothing to do with the stupid mistakes humans have made.
just because fools have done stupid things in the name of God doesn't mean God is not good.

What harm has Christians caused?
Man will be Judged as to how he misuses God's word.
Man has taken away, God's word, adding and taking away of scripture
is against the word of God.
What's the manner with the world today?
The three letter word, S I N.
Sin is the cause of man's down fall.
Jesus Christ died for the whole world, to save us from the
fires of hell. What will you do with Jesus Christ?

Back