Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does a non Muslim have a right to teach a Muslim his/her religion?

By teaching I mean correcting them and telling them what to do/not to do. How do we react when this type of situation pops up?

Salaams from Ruby.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ayah: 1
    Arabic: ???? ??? ???????? ?????????????
    Pickthal: Say: O disbelievers!
    Shakir: Say: O unbelievers!
    Yusuf Ali: Say : O ye that reject Faith!

Ayah: 2
    Arabic: ??? ???????? ??? ???????????
    Pickthal: I worship not that which ye worship;
    Shakir: I do not serve that which you serve,
    Yusuf Ali: I worship not that which ye worship,

Ayah: 3
    Arabic: ????? ??????? ?????????? ??? ????????
    Pickthal: Nor worship ye that which I worship.
    Shakir: Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve:
    Yusuf Ali: Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

Ayah: 4
    Arabic: ????? ????? ??????? ???? ??????????
    Pickthal: And I shall not worship that which ye worship.
    Shakir: Nor am I going to serve that which you serve,
    Yusuf Ali: And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,

Ayah: 5
    Arabic: ????? ??????? ?????????? ??? ????????
    Pickthal: Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
    Shakir: Nor are you going to serve Him Whom I serve:
    Yusuf Ali: Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

Ayah: 6
    Arabic: ?????? ????????? ?????? ?????
    Pickthal: Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.
    Shakir: You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion.
    Yusuf Ali: To you be your Way, and to me mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is an opportunity to convey our message.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The film "Fitna" by Dutch parliament member Geert Wilders has created an uproar around the world because it links violence committed by Islamists to Islam.

Many commentators and politicians -- including the British government, which denied him entry to the country last month -- reflexively accused Mr. Wilders of inciting hatred. The question, however, is whether the blame is with Mr. Wilders, who simply exposed Islamic radicalism, or with those who promote and engage in this religious extremism. In other words, shall we fault Mr. Wilders for raising issues like the stoning of women, or shall we fault those who actually promote and practice this crime?

Many Muslims seem to believe that it is acceptable to teach hatred and violence in the name of their religion -- while at the same time expecting the world to respect Islam as a religion of peace, love and harmony.

Scholars in the most prestigious Islamic institutes and universities continue to teach things like Jews are "pigs and monkeys," that women and men must be stoned to death for adultery, or that Muslims must fight the world to spread their religion. Isn't, then, Mr. Wilders's criticism appropriate? Instead of blaming him, we must blame the leading Islamic scholars for having failed to produce an authoritative book on Islamic jurisprudence that is accepted in the Islamic world and unambiguously rejects these violent teachings.

While many religious texts preach violence, the interpretation, modern usage and implementation of these teachings make all the difference. For example, the stoning of women exists in both the Old Testament and in the Islamic tradition, or "Sunna" -- the recorded deeds and manners of the prophet Muhammad. The difference, though, is that leading Jewish scholars agreed to discontinue these practices centuries ago, while Muslim scholars have yet to do so. Hence we do not see the stoning of women practiced or promoted in Israel, the "Jewish" state, but we see it practiced and promoted in Iran and Saudi Arabia, the "Islamic" states.

When the British government banned Geert Wilders from entering the country to present his film in the House of Lords, it made two egregious errors. The first was to suppress free speech, a canon of the civilized Western world. The second mistake was to blame the messenger -- punishing, so to speak, the witness who exposed the crime instead of punishing the criminal. Mr. Wilders did not produce the content of the violent Islamic message he showed in his film -- the Islamic world did that. Until the Islamic clerical establishment takes concrete steps to reject violence in the name of their religion, Mr. Wilders's criticism is not only permissible as "controversial" free speech but justified.

So, Islamic scholars and clerics, it is up to you to produce a Shariah book that will be accepted in the Islamic world and that teaches that Jews are not pigs and monkeys, that declaring war to spread Islam is unacceptable, and that killing apostates is a crime. Such a book would prove that Islam is a religion of peace.

Mr. Hamid, a former member of an Egyptian Islamist terrorist group, is an Islamic reformer and senior fellow at the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Listen to them free of prejudice, try to understand what they are trying to convey, and it may be that we could get a new insight or understanding from them. We should not be arrogant.

If it not agreeable to us or is in conflict with a tenet of our faith then we may reject it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ya sure what is wrong with that.we should know that what does the other religion teaches only by that we will be able to convert non muslims.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Part Three
    We need to ask the vital question, what does the ‘huwa’ or ‘it’ here refer to? Well we are told that the ‘it’ is nothing but an ‘wahi’ which he is inspired with. Looking through Quran, we can find a clarifying explanation for this in chapter 10 , verse 15:

Wa-itha tutla AAalayhim ayatuna bayyinatin (and when its recited on them our clarifying verses)
    qala allatheena la yarjoona liqaana (those who do not incline to the meeting with us say)
    i/ti biqur-anin ghayri hatha aw baddilhu (bring us a QURAN other than this or change it)
    qul ma yakoonu lee an obaddilahu min tilqa-i nafsee (its not becoming of me to change it of my own will)
    in attabiAAu illa ma yooha ilayya (I FOLLOW WHAT IS INSPIRED TO ME)
    innee akhafu in AAasaytu rabbee AAathaba yawmin AAatheemin (verily i fear if I rebel against my Lord punishment of a great day)

We can see from here that Quran itself identifies what is ‘wahi’ or inspiration on the Prophet is nothing but itself. If the Prophet brought something else, this would have been the place to mention it but nothing else was mentioned. It is therefore clear that Quran was the only inspiration to the Prophet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes its possible, because its a form of knowledge. You are only correcting them not altering their religion or their belief.

Junior Member mmmmmmmm^_^mmmmmmmm's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol if one does not know the religion and a non-muslim has to correct a Muslim.. then that Muslim should really think about what they are doing in life and how they are spending their time.. because that is a sad sad thing.. ignorance is not a good thing.

“The Prophet (May Allah shower peace and blessings upon him) said,”Islam will become worn out like clothes are, until there will be no-one who knows what fasting, prayer, charity and rituals are. The Quran will disappear in one night, and no Ayah will be left on earth. Some groups of old people will be left who will say. We heard our forefathers saying La ilaha illa Allah, so we repeat it.”" Silah asked Hudhayfah, “What will saying La ilaha illa Allah do for them when they do not know what prayer, fasting, ritual and charity are?” Hudhayfah ignored him; then Silah repeated his question three times and each time Hudhayfah ignored him. Finally he answered. ” O Silah, it will save then from Hell”, and said it three times. (Ibn Majah)

Wasalamu alaykum