if your a Christian, is it wrong to be gay or bi?

jessica[GORE]1

Jul 8, 2009
Romans 1:24 - the end of Chapter 1. It outlines that homosexuality is a sin and goes on through a list of mean names that obtain to sinners.
Leviticus outlines "immoral" sexual acts as well, but I can't think of the verses right off the top of my head.

Romans was why I started to question and, ultimately, drop Christianity.

is it wrong? even if you were to abstain from gay sex or date a girl/guy (depending on your sex)? if so, it would have to say in the Bible. so where does it say that?
Christian opinions very much appreciated.
thanks <3

Who knows, the Christian faith is really divided on the issue of homosexuality.

As a non-judgmental atheist, I suggest you be yourself, no matter what other people might think.

Also, don't buy into that purity ring bullshit, if you want to fuck something, go ahead.

All men have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. Repent of your sins, and then you can become a new creature in Christ.
It is not natural for a man to have sex with another man, it is sin, but so is much more, so I cannot judge you because I do the very same thing.

If someone claims to be a Christian, their claim is that they love and follow Jesus Christ.

But Jesus tells us that we should avoid sin, turn away from the lusts of the world, and draw closer to him. We can't claim to love anyone (Jesus included), and yet act in ways that are hurtful to those we love.

Homosexuality is clearly labeled as a sin in both Old and New Testaments of scripture.

We all sin. We all make mistakes. Homosexuality is no greater a sin than lying or lusting or adultery. All sin separates us from God. The difference however, is that when we fail and sin, we repent. To live as a homosexual means embracing a lifestyle of sin, being sinful and unrepentant.

And that calls into question just how much someone can love Jesus and want to avoid the sin that he cautioned against.

I a christian and although i am straight i don't see anything wrong with being gay or bi. I don't think it is even wrong to date the same sex. God isn't going to strike a person dead because they aren't straight. God isn't going to deny you going to heaven because your gay or bi. As long as believe that Jesus died for our sins everything is all good.

Hey.. here you go:

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

I was raised Christian...
I'm not now, but I've always believed that the worst thing one could ever do was to deny oneself, and try to cover up who they really are, or be ashamed of themselves.
If you don't value yourself, how can you value anything around you, or value your beliefs?

According to Christian belief, It's not wrong to be homosexual, it's wrong to perform homosexual acts.

Being gay is not a sin neccessarily. sexual relations with a member of the same gender (or even opposite gender if you aren't married) is. Of course you may already know about Lev. 18.22, but there are many other instances in the Bible where it is made clear that sex goes with marriage and that God wants marriage to be between members of the opposite sex

lots of people say that it is. i think that god prefers us to be hederosexual, but i think that he loves us all, and if you ask for forgivness, he will forgive you and accept you.

it's not wrong to be gay, bisexual, or transgendered.
Caution: other christians will disagree with me on that awnser.

Yes it is wrong to be gay or bisexual if you are Christian. If you are you go straight to hell. I remember a story that my grandparents or parents told me and it said that God abandoned or burnt gay people. I dont know if this is true or not but thats what I remeber. But i'm 100% sure it mentions something about gay poeple in the Bible

yes it is wrong and it does say in the bible it is wrong.....but i dont remember where and im not about to look through 2000 sum pages to find it....its in the old testimant though.

Back