Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

My father won't let me have a manual car because he says i have to many gadgets?

So, i want to get a manual but my dad says no because he says i have to many gadgets like my i-pod and my phone. Is this true that i won't be able to use these things cuz i'll always have my hands on the wheel and stick?

I'm not constantly using my ipod, but it's mostly answering my phone. If i'm driving stick and someone calls, what do i do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    just get her into 5th.. then do what you want. city drivin will be hard. but that is it

Downloads
    Uploads
    it shouldnt make a huge difference because your hand is not constantly on the stick but no driver should be playing with many gadgets while driving

Downloads
    Uploads
    you must be a teenager I agree with dad if you are inexperienced

Downloads
    Uploads
    that makes no sense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    good thinking dad

Downloads
    Uploads
    Too many distractions can be hazardous. Are you in the car to drive? Or do things other than drive? Driving involves watching everything that goes on around you. And controlling your car properly. It's not as easy as most people seem to think. A lot of accidents are avoided because people that are paying attention, avoid the people who aren't paying attention(and they don't even know they just about caused an accident). Driving a manual makes driving a little more complicated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I drive stick and i have found that it is harder to multitask b/c you need to be able to shift and it becomes second nature to drive stick, but you still need to concentrate a little more that driving an automatic b/c you need to handle the brake, clutch etc....so its only a problem if you would be fidgeting with that stuff

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Billy,

If your already dangerous no need to add to it. How much to you want to pay for car insurance when you rear end people because your hands were to busy.

P.S. I have had two 16 year old rear end my cars in the past 2 years. Both were busy playing with their i-pods. Last accident will cost plenty since my health will never be the same.

It should be a crime to play with those so called toys. We have lost 5 young people in the past year to those toys, 3 headons and 2 traine wrecks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't listen to an i-pod (through a headset) while driving. It's illegal. If the phone rings, you pull over and answer unless you have a hands-free type.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast