"Don't knock it till you try it". Does this statement hold true when dealing

Alice

May 15, 2008
no, because Jesus Christ does exist and one day you will see. hopefully you accept Christ before. maybe He will have mercy on you if you dont.

"Don't knock it till you try it". Does this statement hold true when dealing

with religion? Explain.
Anonymous Viking: You are right, but some people have experimented with other beliefs and found out that it wasn't for them.

This doesn't relate to religion specifically but I knock many things without trying them, such as sticking your head in a jet engine.

Also I'm not sure how you try religion. You either are or you aren't right?

Unless you are completely and utterly infatuated and immersed in the beliefs of your religion, then it sounds like a good idea to me, since you really have nothing else to do spiritually.

Even that is missing the point in a way. It's not so much "religion" as it is what you get from knowing God. I suppose I could liken it to having a lover for the sake of loving someone, while the point is that you could share your life with that person and be complete with them.

Knowing God is like that. He is greater than just being "religious." He is life . . . my life.

I'd say you should learn about it before knocking it. You don't have to be a religious convert to knock it, but you should know about it. Unfortunately, many atheist critics don't bother to take that first step.

No.

Sometimes it's better to learn from others' mistakes instead of trying it out for yourself.

????????????????????????????????????
?In the end, all actions are justified.
?No matter how heinous, there is always a reason
?for all that happens. And to feel anger over such things
?is as logical as being mad that apples fall to earth.
?I sought to understand everything...
?and even still, I've got a long way to go.
????????????????????????????????????

You can't try religions on for size and see if it fits you. Otherwise you will find the religion that requires no discipline. I didn't pick Christianity because I was a hater. I picked Christianity because I realised that I was a wretched sinner, and needed Jesus to save me from my sin, and the consequences of my sin. Until anyone realises that the problem is sin, and need of salvation they are lost, and no religion will do them any good.

"Don't knock it till you try it" is not a statement that "holds true" for anything, whether religion or anything else.

there is only one way to heaven and that is accepting Jesus as your savior and admitting you are a sinner

all the other religions out there are false religions for it says in the Bible that we as humans should have no other God and should serve no other God but the God of Israel the God of Moses the God of David and his name is Jesus Christ

Every "religion" Wicca Islam Buddhism will lead you to nothing but hell fire and destruction

You have been warned make your choice choose life or choose death.

to me it does
i dont think you should say other religions are wrong
until you've gone to a meeting
but you also dont wanna go to every church there is.
i mean i think people should just watch theyre words

Back