Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    99% of supplements are just bullshit in pill form. Also, I think it's a requirement to have an IQ below 75 to work at GNC.

The supplements you must take:
    Daily multivitamin pill - just to cover all bases in case your diet is lacking in a certain vitamin
    Fish Oil Tablets or Flax Seed - The standard American diet is extremely lacking in Omega-3 fatty acids. Flax seed and fish oil tablets help a lot
    The supplements that are optional:
    Whey/Soy protein - put in a shake if you aren't getting enough protein in your diet. If you want to bulk up you should be getting at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.

Creatine - haven't used it, but I heard it works. Obviously, do some research.
    The supplements that are crap:
    Pretty much everything else. Stuff like Muscle Milk will help build muscle, but it's just milk, sugar, carbs, flavoring, and a huge sticker price. Stuff like Acai berry pills are generally pretty harmless, but they won't help you lose weight at all, so you're wasting your money. Stuff like Hydroxycut will not only waste your money but also give you liver failure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course not!!!! Anything you need to get in great shape can be found in nature. I'm no hippie but you don't need fancy, and not to mention expensive, supplements to help you. All that fancy protein stuff you can find just as good of quality in lean meats and soy.
    Plus, I'm pretty sure, ingesting so many artificial supplements like you're describing can not be good for you. Too much of anything is bad.
    Just eat a good diet. Cardio 4-5 times a week and strength train 3-4 times a week (also depends on your current fitness level). And remember to strength train before you cardio - more effective.
    Also, keep in mind that those supplements have a lot of extra protein (and in some product's case, calories and carbs). That's because they are meant for hardcore workout people who live at the gym and actually need all that extra nurtrients. The average person even if they work out most days of the week don't really need those extra stuff on top of their normal diet.
    I'd say save money and stay away from supplements.
    Also, maybe its just your diet or your not using the correct amount of weight resistance in your routine. Also genetics? Some people just have it harder that others to begin with and it's not their fault.
    Good luck, though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12