Good Southern Fried Corn recipes?

quasi

Jun 14, 2008
My gam use to make this for me and i think that i remember it but not sure..bacon drippings,salt,pepper,flour..hmmm
any ideas?
THANKS

My mom made it too, and I am fixing to make some. Mom took ears of corn, after shucking them she would take a sharp knife and cut off the tips of the corn, then she would cut it again, finally she would scrape the cob and get the milk out of it. She would put it in a large pot (she made lots at a time). She would add half and half to it, some butter, some sugar, salt and drippings from bacon. She would cook it of a med to low heat and stirring it often. It is the best stuff ever.

Ingredients
2 pounds Whole kernel corn
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 tps. salt
1/2 tps. black pepper
1/4 tps onion powder
1/4 tps. garlic powder
1/2 cup cooking oil or fried out bacon drippings.

Directions
Combine flour, bell pepper, salt, onion, and garlic powder in a bowl. Coat room temperature corn in the mixture. Heat cooking oil over medium high heat until hot. Add coated corn to skillet and fry covered until corn is done and flour is lightly browned. Stir frequently. Taste corn to confirm doneness to your satisfaction.

Ingredients
1 tps. salt
1/2 tps. black pepper
1/4 tps onion powder
1/4 tps. garlic powder

Directions
Combine flour, bell pepper, salt, onion, and garlic powder in a bowl. Coat room temperature corn in the mixture. Heat cooking oil over medium high heat until hot. Add coated corn to skillet and fry covered until corn is done and flour is lightly browned. Stir frequently. Taste corn to confirm doneness to your satisfaction.

Eh ask somebody down south? Or somebody who ate it toowell i live there but form north ask your mom or something

sounds great and um-my to me!!!!! Look up some really great recipes at Paula Dean's website!!! Type in at google, Paula Dean Forums!! But anyways, that sounds like those ingredients would be perfect for this meal!!

Here are 2 very good recipes try them....Mmmmmmmmmm

SOUTHERN FRIED CORN

20 raw ears of corn
1 c. water
2 tbsp. bacon/meat renderings
1-2 tbsp. flour
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut corn off cob--scrape cob to get extra flavor and juice. Add water, meat renderings and salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 25-30 minutes. (Stir often to avoid sticking. When corn is tender, add flour to thicken.

SOUTHERN FRIED CORN

6 ears corn
2 tbsp. flour
1 c. water
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. bacon drippings
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 c. milk

Shuck corn. Wash and remove silk. With a sharp knife cut thin layer of kernel off; repeat. (This is called cream style cutting). Scrape juice out of corn cob into corn. Heat bacon drippings in large heavy skillet. Add corn, flour, sugar, water, milk, salt and pepper in that order. Bring it to a boil, stirring constantly. Cover and reduce heat and simmer until corn is tender, about 20 minutes, stirring constantly. You may need to add hot water to thin out the juice if desired

Ingredients:
2 cups fresh corn kernels
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
corn oil

Turn this recipe into a puzzle! [click]

Directions:

Combine corn kernels and buttermilk in large bowl. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain.

Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in large zip top plastic bag. Ad corn to flour mixture a little at a time, and shake bag to coat corn.

Pour oil to depth of 1 inch in Dutch oven or large heavy frying pan, and heat to 375F. Fry corn in the hot oil, a small amount at a time, about 2 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve as side dish, or sprinkle on salads, soups or casseroles.

serves/makes 2 cups

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
corn oil

Directions:

Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in large zip top plastic bag. Ad corn to flour mixture a little at a time, and shake bag to coat corn.

Pour oil to depth of 1 inch in Dutch oven or large heavy frying pan, and heat to 375F. Fry corn in the hot oil, a small amount at a time, about 2 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve as side dish, or sprinkle on salads, soups or casseroles.

serves/makes 2 cups

SOUTHERN FRIED CORN

20 raw ears of corn
1 c. water
1-2 tbsp. flour
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut corn off cob--scrape cob to get extra flavor and juice. Add water, meat renderings and salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 25-30 minutes. (Stir often to avoid sticking. When corn is tender, add flour to thicken.

SOUTHERN FRIED CORN

6 ears corn
2 tbsp. flour
1 c. water
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. bacon drippings
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 c. milk

Shuck corn. Wash and remove silk. With a sharp knife cut thin layer of kernel off; repeat. (This is called cream style cutting). Scrape juice out of corn cob into corn. Heat bacon drippings in large heavy skillet. Add corn, flour, sugar, water, milk, salt and pepper in that order. Bring it to a boil, stirring constantly. Cover and reduce heat and simmer until corn is tender, about 20 minutes, stirring constantly. You may need to add hot water to thin out the juice if desired

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
corn oil

Directions:

serves/makes 2 cups

sounds great and um-my to me!!!!! Look up some really great recipes at Paula Dean's website!!! Type in at google, Paula Dean Forums!! But anyways, that sounds like those ingredients would be perfect for this meal!!

Ingredients
1 tps. salt
1/2 tps. black pepper
1/4 tps onion powder
1/4 tps. garlic powder

Directions

SOUTHERN FRIED CORN

20 raw ears of corn
1 c. water
1-2 tbsp. flour
Salt and pepper to taste

SOUTHERN FRIED CORN

6 ears corn
2 tbsp. flour
1 c. water
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. bacon drippings
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 c. milk

SOUTHERN FRIED CORN

20 raw ears of corn
1 c. water
1-2 tbsp. flour
Salt and pepper to taste

SOUTHERN FRIED CORN

6 ears corn
2 tbsp. flour
1 c. water
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. bacon drippings
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 c. milk

Back