Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

whats a good begginer sports bike?

thisll be my 1st bike and im set on a sport bike
    my budgets about 5 grand and im prolly going to buy it in about 7 months im thinkin bout 2009 ninja 250r.

im about 5 11 and 185 so should i be lookin a bigger or smaller bike too

Downloads
    Uploads
    forget the squidbike man.... try this on for size: http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200810/kawasaki-klx250sf-1_460x0w.jpg
    you'll get off on it, you can take the shorcut home through the creeks and fields if you want and you won't be tempted to try to do 140mph...
    its what alot of us started on.
    look, the ninja is not a bad bike, but it sometimes will lend itself to bad behavior.
    whatever you get, keep your head. I know you see the other guys out there ripping it up. Those guys are morons. ride safe, stay alive... I didn't get 40 years on bikes riding like they do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep a ninja 250r is a perfect machine to start on.

If you want something that will thrill you , get a aprilia rs125, but being a 2 stroke they need to be looked after.

Remember don't start on anything that is to aggressive if you haven't had any sports bike experience, they will catch you out and its miles safer to build up gradually.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i have a 09 ninja 250r. its a great bike but im selling to get a dual sport. The q links are nice and cheap with a great warranty. you dont need anything bigger. if i could go back i would have bought used because as a first time rider i dropped the bike as most people do. My suggestion is get a cheaper used bike or if your going to spend that much money a bigger used bike that you are sure not to get bored with. The carb is a little annoying also so look at fuel injected bikes and dont buy a new 250 for much more than the base price which many dealers ask for. i got it for 4000 but i was on a list at another dealer asking for 4200 then the upped it to 4700 which is when i checked another dealer. by the way the one that asked 4700 is no going out of business

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, i dont know about where you live, but where i live (virginia) you have to be 18 or over to ride a crotch rocket that is over 250cc's. but if your over 18, then i would reccomend a ZX6R, ZX5R, or GSXR600, but it your under 18, then go for the ninja 250.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For you first bike you are already over budget. No more than say $1200 for the first one. Second thing is this. You don't have the skills required to run it in a safe and responsible manner. You may not care about what happens to you, but what you do affects the folks on the road around you. From your question I would say you are working on a budget, but have no real savings now. that means you will need to drop the budget down to about half of what you are thinking now. Just reality, especially if the purchase is 7 months away. Just going by human nature you are looking at perhaps a year to purchase something.
    The Polar bear has a good choice for a first bike. The Ninja is a good bike to start with, but just looking for a Sports bike" raises red flags with me. That is an accident looking for a place to happen. Be careful out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For you first bike you are already over budget. No more than say $1200 for the first one. Second thing is this. You don't have the skills required to run it in a safe and responsible manner. You may not care about what happens to you, but what you do affects the folks on the road around you. From your question I would say you are working on a budget, but have no real savings now. that means you will need to drop the budget down to about half of what you are thinking now. Just reality, especially if the purchase is 7 months away. Just going by human nature you are looking at perhaps a year to purchase something.
    The Polar bear has a good choice for a first bike. The Ninja is a good bike to start with, but just looking for a Sports bike" raises red flags with me. That is an accident looking for a place to happen. Be careful out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep a ninja 250r is a perfect machine to start on.

If you want something that will thrill you , get a aprilia rs125, but being a 2 stroke they need to be looked after.

Remember don't start on anything that is to aggressive if you haven't had any sports bike experience, they will catch you out and its miles safer to build up gradually.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast