Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    +Just to be clear, the Mayan's made no such prediction. Because the Mayan calendar "ended" on a certain date, some people have begun to spread false and misleading information about the world ending in 2012. Pay it no attention.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The mayans could not even forsee there own downfall. I wouldnt take any advice from them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if it were going to happen why worry about it? I myself have thought (and worried about it) but in the end decided whatever happens I am going enjoy myself and not worry about what is going to happen.....Life is too short and btw we are all going to die someday anyway. Don't worry be happy =))))

Downloads
    Uploads
    There was a prophecy.
    It concerned some sort of a political upheaval.
    They didn't expecft the world to end.
    They predicted, (quite well), eclipses scheduled to ocur after 2012.

It was astrology anyway. They believed the position of the stars
    held could fortell earthly events. I don't. Do you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    There isn't really a Mayan 2012 Prophecy to begin with. They have a calender, that one guy (Jose Arguelles) misinterpreted a few decades ago. One after another, several "New Age" authors (many of those who use psychedelic drugs, as opposed to research as the sources of their information) all sort of independently jumped on the 2012 bandwagon. "If everyone else is making money off of it, why can't I?" sort of became the unspoken motto of people like Daniel Pinchbeck, Terrence McKenna, Nancy Lieder, and a whole slew of others.

I'm not going to get into all of the details here, that would be too lengthy of an answer. I will say, that every piece of "2012 Doomsday" rhetoric that you hear is for the purpose of making money. Pushing advertising space on websites, selling books, "survival kits," and numerous other things of that sort.

You do not need to consider suicide over this. In fact, swaying individuals away from panic and contemplating suicide over the "2012 Hysteria" is one of the reasons why the website listed in my sources was created in the first place. I recommend you read up on it. Every page has a bibliography, something the doomsayers lack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12