A question involving Atheism and Bible predictions?

sweetheart1

Jun 8, 2008
Atheists,
How could you believe that a powerful energy just created us all and the creation of the universe. Like many atheists, you may think that an energy created existance and this powerful universe and beyong, but what makes you think that a strong energy created all the planets, the universe, and such with the most intellegent form. How could such energy make an intellegent brain, make the human nervous system, and most of all, how could such energy make an intellegent part of the humans, we all have feelings and morals, i doubt that energy created that. Water, air, and many are in perfect place to make this world go and so. If energy made things and " The big bang " Wouldn't the world be upside down, wouldn't we just be cells, wouldn't we just have no intelectual thinking? Also, how could you doubt a God. Even if you might not and all of us see him, We can all see his creation. Evidence is right infront of our eyes! His creation is intelligent. I believe a powerful deity created this world.

Also, The bible is predicting everything. I know for a fact that it is not just good guessing. The bible was created through finding scripts in exotic areas. The writers of the bible were men, i agree, but they did it in seperate areas, and back then, no telephone, no communication was made, no cars, no nothing. When the bibles scrips were all placed together, it was like a puzzle. It fit perfectly, and the writers did not intend it to be. The old testement predicted Jesus coming, and such. IT even predicted the end of the world in revelations.

It predicts that the end is coming, AND IT IS ALL HAPPENING right now. IT is scary because God said the end is coming and he explains it. It is all over the world, wars, hunger, everything is happeneing, how could you ignore such thing. This is scary to think of, just read Revelations of the bible.

Explain to me atheists, how could you ignore?

I can make a prediction for the future, its not hard (prediction below)

In the future there will be war and death, buildings will burn and children will scream as all they know is destroyed.

The end has been predicted over 1000 times, and it still seems just fine to me.

Morals are made by society. In some tribes, eating the flesh or your enemies is just fine. In some countries, publicly stoning a shameful woman to death is acceptable... No god was needed to create morals.

Here's a prediction.

With your ability for critical thinking coupled with your talent for writing, I predict a career in fast food or retail women's clothing.

Simply put, the world was not made for us - we adapted to survive the world. You may doubt all you wish, but I simply see NO reason to believe in "intelligent design". There is NO evidence of a "creator". We do have evidence of evolution and adaptation, and natural explanations that don't stop at "some unknowable being we can't see or detect must have wished it all into being". I see no indication of "design" - and if there were a "designer" - they did a piss-poor job of it. Do you know how many flaws there are in the human body?

You don't know anything for a fact. I have asked - MANY TIMES - for solid evidence that the so-called prophecies in the Bible have come to pass. And no one - NO ONE - will give me an answer. Is this because they don't have one? I believe so. And I read the Bible - I was a hardcore Christian for many years. I know what is in there. I know what it says. I believed every word of it. And I can honestly say I have never seen and have yet to see any of it's "prophecies" come to pass.

Wars, hunger... You can't be serious. Do you really think those things haven't been happening for THOUSANDS OF YEARS?

So please, give me your "facts". Show me where ANYTHING happening today points to Biblical prophecy, and how any bad thing that happens today is any different that every bad that has happened in history.

Let's see. Your argument is: "I don't know how all this came to be, therefore I DO know how this all came to be and the Christian God did it."

bravo.

Energy is able to do that. The fact that you find it difficult to believe doesn't mean it isn't true.

The "predictions" are vague. The Hebrew Scriptures do NOT predict Jesus. The OT is a mistranslation designed to point to Jesus.

Don't Listen to these people, Sweet Heart,

Just think your Hot, Smart and Saved...what else would you want, people are atheist because they blame God for everything, nothing else, scientific proof doesn't make people react like this...

Please tell me that you're not serious. You've created a mishmash of subjects, none of which you seem to know anything about, and then asked atheists to comment. I don't see any reason to bother.

So because we've got war and hunger, it's the end of the world? I mean, THOSE weren't around long before a psychopath in isolation wrote the Book of Revelation..

because though the bible dose explain many things it also dose'nt eplain enof.lok at it this way it makes no sense y would god send his own sondown to die when he could have spared us all anyway.Why would he do that why would god make people gay then say they go to ell.why did god make me this way just to say i go to hell because i don't belive in him.Why would he end the world.Y would he hurt those who live a good life and respect other belifes but don't belife in them themselves.Athiest are good people to so are pagans and wicans and any other religain including cristanity.Its ll just made up to explain things that can't be explained and to get people to do what socity wants them to do through fear.most of the cristain religin has pagan holidays and some of the traditions are pagain cristianity took them to help make converting from paganism to cristanity .Also there is no devil they just said that because the pagans worshipped a horned god they were putting fear into there hearts to make them chang their religin.Were all apart of somthing big but its not god and god dose'nt watch out for us and help us .I'm tired of people telling me i will go to hell and god will juge me bcause he's not going to because he's not real.We just have to except that we can't know everything and that were apart of somthing and we have to live in harmony with nature because yes will will destroy the world ourselves though not god because of our iggnorence.I'm nota satines annd i'm not an athiest and i'm not going to hell
Eplain this to me how could u ignor the hard facts that help prove that cristainity annd god are one big lie

I predict that someday you will sneeze. When you *do,* don't forget who predicted it, so you can come worship her, ok?

It's all here, written out very clearly.

How could everything form? By physical laws.

The predictions in the Bible fall into one four of categories.
1) It already happened when it was written.
2) It is general (like the horoscope in the paper).
3) It can be brought about by humans in order to fulfill the prophecy. (such as a spiritual leader prophesying that somebody will start killing people in such and such city...then someone does that in order to fulfill the 'prophecy').
4) It is obvious. (I predict that in the year 2054 that there will be hurricanes.)

1. Argument from incredulity

2. All of this took place of billions of years.

3. We are made of a bunch of cells.

4. If the everything is so perfect why is our galaxy on a collision course with the Andromeda galaxy.

5. Wars, and hunger have been happening since before the beginning of civilization. The bible didn't predict anything. It made a bunch of vague statements that can apply to anytime period.

6. I suggest you check the messianic prophecies again. Jesus didn't fulfill a good chunk of them.

7. Research the history of the bible more closely. It has been heavily edited of the years. Anything that the church fathers didn't like was removed.

8. If the bible fits together so perfectly why does god seem to bipolar? He goes from very violent and cruel in the OT to very sweet and loving in the NT.

you say this to us and yet we probably understand more about your religion than you do.

And in return to all of those questions, If "God" created this, then who created "God"?

If you say, he just is, then isn't it possible that this earth just IS?

And you consider that the Bible books fit together perfectly? Have you really read that thing???? I mean actually read it, from front to back, not just the stories and scriptures fed to you?

The predictions are for wars, rumor of wars, sickness, diseases etc etc.... These things have ALWAYS been happening, not just now... the Bible predictions could fit anytime in history and the end of the world has been 'predicted' many, many times over the centuries. So what in the world would make you think that this is the big one?

Get real...

It didn't happen all at once dear. It took billions of years.

World War, hunger? Last time I checked, those have been around for a loooooooong time. And by the way, the world is predicted to end practically every decade, come to think of it, practically every 3 years.

How can I ignore it? Hmmmm, maybe because I actually think about things before I open my mouth, and choose not to participate in campaigns of fear.

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson

You have a very low threshold of credulity.

Gain some real knowledge then we can talk.

You have no facts to give,only opinions.

How could you believe that a powerful energy just
created us all and the creation of the universe?
--I don't believe in any form of creationism.

What makes you think that a strong energy created all the
planets, the universe, and such with the most intelligent form?
--Gravity. The above question lacks said 'intelligent form.'

How could such energy make an intelligent brain, make
the human nervous system, and most of all, how could
such energy make an intelligent part of the humans?
--When did Cosmology become Biology?

If energy made things and 'the big bang' Wouldn't the world be upside down,
wouldn't we just be cells, wouldn't we just have no intellectual thinking?
--You certainly haven't displayed any 'intellectual thinking.'

How could you doubt a God?
--I have doubt, I have no 'God.'

Evidence is right in front of our eyes! His creation is
intelligent. I believe a powerful deity created this world.
--That's not evidence. Your beliefs play a mind
numbing role to America's general 'intelligence.'

The old testament predicted Jesus coming, and such.
--Jesus has nothing to do with the 'old testament.'

IT even predicted the end of the world in revelations.
--Revelation, has nothing to do with us
here and now or any time in the future.

It is all over the world, wars, hunger, everything
is happening, how could you ignore such thing.
--I'm not ignoring these things happening, but you
don't need an ancient tome to tell you about them.

Explain to me atheists, how could you ignore?
--Explain to me theist, how could you?!

Back