i have a vid conveter i can use i had a bruce lee movie that was in a AVI-divx format which i burned striaght to dvd with np and it played ! i was stunned i couldnt believe it i have been making coasters for a while now trying to figure it out lol being new to it all but my question is since finding xvid files are way more common to download with more seeders out there but once i DL the avi-xvid file to my computer im guessing i need to convert it to to divx ? the thing is when i chose the TO AVI option the first settings are (divx-xvid ) compatable is what it says . does that mean that the file will playable by my dvd player which plays avi-divx so will it play xivd too? or once i convert it to that do i need to take it another step further and again convert to (TO DVD) ? this is confusing at the least . the last time i asked this type of question i only got try this convert try that converter well they are pretty much the same and the queston would still remain so can any one please tackle this W/O suggesting a new converter please FYI. i am using AVS converter on a XP pro os thank you for your time.