What in tobacco causes cancer?

Robert

May 16, 2008
I'm talking on a cellular level here. What exactly causes cancer cells to grow when a person smokes?

No one can answer this question with any degree of scientific certainty since science has not yet proven that tobacco use causes cancer. I am not saying the use of tobacco is anything but bad but only being honest about it.

mostly inhaling it.....and smoking it causes lung and throat and moath cancer(sometimes) Don't risk you'r life.

I will probably be told that I'm an idiot but I'm not sure that they have actually come up with definitive proof that ties the two together. Yes there is overwhelming circumstantial evidence that smoking is responsible, that the carbon monoxide, tar and the hundreds of other poisons and toxins which are present in the smoke are responsible, even the tobacco companies have more or less conceded the link but I'm pretty sure that an absolute connection has yet to be established.
I am in no way trying to justify or support, defend or diminish either the act of smoking tobacco or be in denial about the end result of smoking tobacco, I know probably millions of people have died because of smoking related diseases, not just cancer, so please don't shoot the messenger I'm just answering a question and if I am wrong and they have actually published a definite link then I would be more than happy to admit I was wrong!

if someone knew that it would be preventable, i doubt the tobacco companies even know, it's got to be one of the hundreds of diffrent chemicals produced by the smoke, or if could be nothing to do with the smoke and be something else, or a combination of the smoke and something else.

i've been smoking for years, like many others in the world, most of us will never die from cancer, or cancer caused by smoking.

I will probably be told that I'm an idiot but I'm not sure that they have actually come up with definitive proof that ties the two together. Yes there is overwhelming circumstantial evidence that smoking is responsible, that the carbon monoxide, tar and the hundreds of other poisons and toxins which are present in the smoke are responsible, even the tobacco companies have more or less conceded the link but I'm pretty sure that an absolute connection has yet to be established.
I am in no way trying to justify or support, defend or diminish either the act of smoking tobacco or be in denial about the end result of smoking tobacco, I know probably millions of people have died because of smoking related diseases, not just cancer, so please don't shoot the messenger I'm just answering a question and if I am wrong and they have actually published a definite link then I would be more than happy to admit I was wrong!

mostly inhaling it.....and smoking it causes lung and throat and moath cancer(sometimes) Don't risk you'r life.

Back