A question about dish network?

ZackaryM

Jul 9, 2008
Okay were moving to Maryland from Georgia and were making a switch from dish network to digital cable ON DEMAND
we feel digital cable is a much better srrvce because it doesn't go out when it is windy or rains unlike
dish,

besides that what aboit our remotes and receviers? Do we still take those or leave them?????
Will digital cable have the same features as dish also like able to find our what the show is about by pressing info and will
it still have like recording like DVR?

You can still pay for DVR, and it still has the info. Cable also goes out on occasion, but not for bad weather, instead it goes out for no reason. My cable used to go out once a week, now it only goes out a several times a year. I think there were lots of problems when they were making transitions to digital. Sometimes the guide information is VERY slow, and we also have to re-boot our cable box a couple times a month. The ON DEMAND also seems rather slow. We hardly ever use it.

Your remotes and receivers will not work with the cable. They are specific to the satellite. You may need to return them to the satellite company depending on your agreement with them.

A good way to stop your DTV from getting bad reception in bad weather is to spray the LNB's (the bulb-like things on the dish itself ) with WD40. The dish itself does not really matter how much snow or rain it gets. The LNB's are the important ones who act up when they get moisture.

A good way to stop your DTV from getting bad reception in bad weather is to spray the LNB's (the bulb-like things on the dish itself ) with WD40. The dish itself does not really matter how much snow or rain it gets. The LNB's are the important ones who act up when they get moisture.

You can still pay for DVR, and it still has the info. Cable also goes out on occasion, but not for bad weather, instead it goes out for no reason. My cable used to go out once a week, now it only goes out a several times a year. I think there were lots of problems when they were making transitions to digital. Sometimes the guide information is VERY slow, and we also have to re-boot our cable box a couple times a month. The ON DEMAND also seems rather slow. We hardly ever use it.

Your remotes and receivers will not work with the cable. They are specific to the satellite. You may need to return them to the satellite company depending on your agreement with them.

Back